The Student Room Group

Waxing my leg hurts worse than bikini ????

Hi guys,

This is so weird but a few years ago I waxed my bikini line for the first time because I just hate the razor bumps and the itchiness and it was just so annoying shaving it all the time, and actually even though the first few times hurt so bad, doing it now is almost virtually painless to me. Like some people have described before it is sort of painful but in a good way. It goes really quickly and not as intense either.

A while ago, even though I didn't really have any interest in waxing my legs, I thought to try it. I definitely ripped some skin off. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I can't believe how much it hurt, I was in tears. Though I looked it up and I had done it after a bath (I thought it would help but apparently you're not supposed to) so after long enough time had passed for me to forget the experience, I tried again. This time not right after a bath. By God.. the pain was exactly the same, like I was doing it for the first time again. I even got my brother to try and do it for me in case I was perhaps hesitating and making it worse, but no, it still hurt more than anything. I think at some points I was even bleeding.

How can this be? :/ everyone else seems to experience more pain with their bikini line, yet no problems with legs, but for me it seems impossible!

I wanted to get them professionally done to see if it might be better but at this point even the thought of it is making me cringe :/

Also, for anyone who has had a bikini/brazillian wax professionally done, could you please tell me how it went? Did you wear a paper thong? I'm interested in trying that too sometime because even though I can do it at home, it's such a hassle.

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
I have sensitive legs too,but not like you. If you are waxing at home the first problem I think about is that you pull it straight, which is totally wrong, you should pull the opposite way of your hairs. Also before you wax anywhere you should use baby powder so that your skin won't stick to the wax and only the hairs will come out. Another tip I have for you is to do it in small sections. What i mean is that you should use shorter, but wider sides to wax it rather than pulling long onces. I've started to do wax at home recently, but i had plenty of observation by pros, so maybe you should go too just to see the technique they're using if you haven't done it already. I hope I helped :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nomnomnom7
I have sensitive legs too,but not like you. If you are waxing at home the first problem I think about is that you pull it straight, which is totally wrong, you should pull the opposite way of your hairs. Also before you wax anywhere you should use baby powder so that your skin won't stick to the wax and only the hairs will come out. Another tip I have for you is to do it in small sections. What i mean is that you should use shorter, but wider sides to wax it rather than pulling long onces. I've started to do wax at home recently, but i had plenty of observation by pros, so maybe you should go too just to see the technique they're using if you haven't done it already. I hope I helped :smile:

You helped a lot, thank you! I did not know about this baby powder. And yes actually I think doing the full length of the strip is also what contributed to the immense shock. I'll try doing it in smaller sections. Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending