The Student Room Group

What if i failed a2????

Hi I'm really frustrated right now since I'm afraid that i will miss my offer when the results come out on august 14th. My con offer is AAB for LSE with A in math which i think I'm only going to achieve AAB with B in math or even ABB. Are there chances for me to argue? As i noticed that LSE doesn't hav clearings... So if i missed my offer are there anything i can do to make it up?

HELLLLLLLLLP
Original post by kguo2
Hi I'm really frustrated right now since I'm afraid that i will miss my offer when the results come out on august 14th. My con offer is AAB for LSE with A in math which i think I'm only going to achieve AAB with B in math or even ABB. Are there chances for me to argue? As i noticed that LSE doesn't hav clearings... So if i missed my offer are there anything i can do to make it up?

HELLLLLLLLLP

No, not really.

If the course is full with those who have achieved their offers and you have not, then you will be rejected. If there are a few spare places, then the LSE tutors will have looked through the 'near misses' and decided which candidates they will take. You might be in that lucky group or you might not.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
No, not really.

If the course is full with those who have achieved their offers and you have not, then you will be rejected. If there are a few spare places, then the LSE tutors will have looked through the 'near misses' and decided which candidates they will take. You might be in that lucky group or you might not.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

um do u know if i call them on the day will help? bcuz i know a guy few years ago failed to achieve his offer by ielts, and he went to the school and got the place. So if i called or email the school when i got rejected, do u still think i got a chance?
Original post by kguo2
Thanks for the reply :smile:

um do u know if i call them on the day will help? bcuz i know a guy few years ago failed to achieve his offer by ielts, and he went to the school and got the place. So if i called or email the school when i got rejected, do u still think i got a chance?

LSE will have had your results from the previous weekend and will have considered your case and those of many others. What would you say to them? Why would they reverse their decision?

It might be worth a shot if you miss, say, your A in Maths by a very narrow margin and are going for a priority remark. The only other angle I can suggest is along the lines of 'I know I didn't quite get the requirements but I'm very, very keen on LSE (blah blah blah) and IF someone drops out because they want a gap year or something like that, then please would you consider me?'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending