The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
PAGE 5!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well I think this sub-forum rocks! If we could only get a little more rep around here... :p: You help people with their work and they dont thank you for it...:frown:
yeah ok this didn't become silly at any point in the past 3 pages :p: i like the community feel though. its weird how many people pass through this forum when they're doing the IB and then randomly reappear sometime in the future lol i don't htink il ever leave in fact after uni i hope to work for the IBO in geneva, like hell :p:
Reply 82
Im in my 2nd year of the IBO and i got a ton of problems with it!
CAS...i mean what is the point...serriously its not proving anything if your FORCED to do it -.- *creates voodoo doll of CAS-creator*
And then ToK, ok if you have a good teacher it could be decent, but if they just toss you the dictating philosophy teacher...its pretty much turned into my art class!
The EE isn't So bad, i did it in one week over the summer, and that was with going out and staying at gf's house a few nights. and another weekend for corrections. Dont really worry about that ****, just choose something you are interested in or you'll melt your brain.
It is way more work then A lvls though... people who usualy work harder then me work almost half the time i do, and I'm not THAT into it. On paper it does sound great like youll appreciate it afterwards as they are better qualifications then A lvl...however as someone already said most Unis dont really appreciate this in the UK.
Think about what you want to do in Uni, if you got a good idea, personaly, i would say go for it in A lvls. But if you havnt got a clue IB isnt so bad ( i still don't :P), its also international (yay!) so good if you want to study abroad.

In the end this is all about your job, and I hope most people here don't want thier lives ruled by thier job. Most courses in Uni still allow you to do anything, as they show the boss you can be dedicated to something, and be good at it. Only stuff like teaching, sciences, medicine, etc require particular courses. And if you wanted to do something like that you'd know, right?
If i could rechoose (like i'm going to do another year of this **** xD) I'd go A lvl and just choose things I enjoy....

School in a few hours *sigh*..oh well at least i got ToK on mondays...zzzz |-)
Reply 83
cummon, catch up with the flow :p: we've been there and done the IB and A level rant... now its just a redundant topic which is filled to the eyeballs with spam
Page 5...hallelujah! Ok...this is officially an off topic thread until such time that we get a few pages away from the long debate above that someone has too much time on their hands and restart the debate all over again!!

oh yes, I want to work for IBO after uni. :biggrin: come back and torture future IBers with syllabus revisions and more coursework...no, not really. :wink:
Reply 85
Well found a spare few moments to add another comment (I'd just like to say that the above comment insulting IB wasn't me under a different persona - I'd never let my english stoop to that level)

and the oxbridge debate - definitely oxford
yeah lol oxford all the way :biggrin:
Reply 87
why!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :p:
Reply 88
andy's got problems.. thats why :p:

Cambridge kicks ass :smile:
cambridge kicks ass, yeah ur ass right out through the door when they realise ur application is a JOKE and u've never even heard of a computer :p:

EDIT: best edit in some kindness cos i love dan really :p:
go on with the oxbridge debate...I'm reading and lmao. :smile:
Reply 91
So what are you applying for at Oxford Andy? Head cleaner? :p:

EDIT: Kindness returned :smile:
Reply 92
My friends and I used to joke that the I.B really meant Intellectually Better and I think that statement is basically true, if you do the I.B you'll probably be more intellectually rounded than an A level Student, no smarter well maybe a little as its better at training you for independent study, being critical of texts and ideas and it will make you see links throughout everything. Saying that A levels I think are better if you want to go into sciences rather than arts.
we used to go on about how the IBO stood for I be oppressor...we weren't joking :| the IB will one day take over the world :biggrin:
Reply 94
and at my school, the average age at which we start the IB is 15 years old... totally immature emotionally. its challenging, yes. but i love challenges.
Hi

Im about to decide whether to do IB or A-Levels and i really need some help.
The problem is that i am really leaning towards IB as i like the number of subjects, the courses and just how much it prepares you. However, the only thing that is stopping me from immediately choosing it is the fact that you have to do a language. Im not very good at these and have averaged a C/B in French for my predicted GCSE. I know you can start a new language but i have been learning French since i was 5 and if i am on that grade after 11 years, i don't knwo how i will manage a new language in the space of two years.

Any feedback would be really appreciated!

Latest