The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Wolfson Hall questions

Hi!!! I'm going to be studying Eng Lit in the University of Glasgow, starting September. Turns out I will be staying in Wolfson Hall... I'm actually a little worried, seeing as it's not really close to the School of Critical Studies or generally the whole university area... I know about the shuttle bus, but it only has room for 14 people and it's first come-first served... Dinner time is 5.30-6.45 I think. I was wondering, what time do the clubs and societies usually meet? Anyone who has stayed in Wolfson Hall, what did you do? Did you go back to your halls for dinner and then to the university again for your club? And what's Wolfson Hall like? Thanks!!! :smile:
I stayed at Wolfson Hall last year. My tip to you is to definitely get a bus pass. First Glasgow is probably your best bet there. Do not rely on the SRC shuttle bus. You need to be really early to the queue, or else you will might miss not just the next bus, but the one after that as well. If all else fails, you can phone in a taxi from the reception. If you split it with a couple of people, it will cost you about £2 to get to the main campus. You will probably need to catch two buses, and that'll take you 30 minutes if you're lucky. Sometimes the buses will be horribly late, so definitely leave in good time. About the clubs, it all depends on their scheduling. Garscube campus has tons of sports activities, so you'll be close to those at least. If you can't make it to dinner, you can during breakfast sign on their list in order to get a late meal. That's a cold salad (usually taken from the brunch salad section) with a variety of bread and spreads, a yogurt, water/squash and maybe some dessert/fruit. That's served until 21:00, but if the reception people are kind, you can eat it later as well.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by IlluminatedRain
I stayed at Wolfson Hall last year. My tip to you is to definitely get a bus pass. First Glasgow is probably your best bet there. Do not rely on the SRC shuttle bus. You need to be really early to the queue, or else you will might miss not just the next bus, but the one after that as well. If all else fails, you can phone in a taxi from the reception. If you split it with a couple of people, it will cost you about £2 to get to the main campus. You will probably need to catch two buses, and that'll take you 30 minutes if you're lucky. Sometimes the buses will be horribly late, so definitely leave in good time. About the clubs, it all depends on their scheduling. Garscube campus has tons of sports activities, so you'll be close to those at least. If you can't make it to dinner, you can during breakfast sign on their list in order to get a late meal. That's a cold salad (usually taken from the brunch salad section) with a variety of bread and spreads, a yogurt, water/squash and maybe some dessert/fruit. That's served until 21:00, but if the reception people are kind, you can eat it later as well.

I see... Thanks a lot!!! So what did you do last year? Did you go back to eat and then to the Uni again?
Original post by Austenlover
I see... Thanks a lot!!! So what did you do last year? Did you go back to eat and then to the Uni again?

I didn't really do much club stuff, but the few times I went I signed up for a late meal and remained on campus. I think those were around 18:00, so I didn't really see the point in going back and fro.

Quick Reply