The Student Room Group

Have you felt obliged to share food you cooked with others?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hannahbal
Cook what you want. Kitchens ALWAYS smell (in student halls anyway!).

I'd only be really reluctant if you were cooking smelly fish, but even then... if that's what you're cooking you gotta do it!

I made lots of portions for myself and never shared. It's economic and cheaper for you, don't worry. :smile:

oh i love you
In my first year me and my husband lived with 3 other people and we've always cooked proper food (some asian food so it did smell a bit) but we never got any complaints. As long as you tidy up after then there shouldn't be any problems.

We also never shared our food. We barely knew the other 3 people so it wasn't expected or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by donutaud15
In my first year me and my husband lived with 3 other people and we've always cooked proper food (some asian food so it did smell a bit) but we never got any complaints. As long as you tidy up after then there shouldn't be any problems.

We also never shared our food. We barely knew the other 3 people so it wasn't expected or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is better, I do not want to give the overly nice and generous impression that I normally do. Atleast if i come off a bit stuck up at first, further down the line the ball will be in my court and i can offer food if I wanted with no one expecting it
OBLIGED! Are you out of your mind! I lived with all girls so luckily they just cooked vegetarian meals because one was a veggi and because I trained all of the time I needed meat. But even then I still wouldn't have shared. I ate all of their left overs though lol.
Reply 24
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
OBLIGED! Are you out of your mind! I lived with all girls so luckily they just cooked vegetarian meals because one was a veggi and because I trained all of the time I needed meat. But even then I still wouldn't have shared. I ate all of their left overs though lol.

lol
Did you cook yourself
were their veg meals tasty~?
Original post by Alumna
lol
Did you cook yourself
were their veg meals tasty~?

Yeah I cooked myself all the time.

Their meals mainly tasted of cheese on something because that's all they could make. Sometimes one of the girls next door who was african of indian decent would make some crazy tasty veggi meal out of nothing basically though. She even made a veggi christmas feast once and I subtly just stumbled into the kitchen and they offered me loads because they made too much lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending