The Student Room Group

Does anyone still have a landline?

and do you use it?

With the vast amount of contracts on offer by various networks alongside the growing popularity of smartphones, the use of the landline has decreased with some even terminating their connection as their mobile contract is more convenient.
i like my house phone! :ahee:
nope, don't have it.
I still have a housephone :yep:

'tis handy when I've lost my phone and need to dial it :laugh:
Reply 4
Yep :yes:
Reply 5
I have one, because it's included in my broadband contract. But I can't recall ever using it since I got it.
I have little interest in how contracts or smartphones work and have an old Nokia mobile on pay as you go which I hardly use. The house phone is just as convenient.
We have one but don't really use it - tends to just be people from Sky who call it haha
Yes. We use it pretty regularly at home. I've also got one for uni as it's included in my broadband contract.
We have a house phone as well as mobile. Useful when there's no mobile signal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My first reaction was "WTF, of course!!" but then I realised:
in Germany: no
student house last year: no
Halls: no

I can't imagine settling down somewhere when I graduate without one, but in student living arrangements it's not worth the bother if you're only there for less than a year, and not even all the time within that period.
The amount of job applications that I've filled in that require a separate landline and mobile number is ridiculous, though.
Yeah we have one, it isn't used everyday though :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by MidnightDream
I still have a housephone :yep:

'tis handy when I've lost my phone and need to dial it :laugh:

This :tongue:
Still have one. I myself very rarely use it.
Forced to have a phone line for Virgin Media broadband, there's no phone plugged in though.

Quick Reply

Latest