The Student Room Group

self conscious wheelie

Hi all*
I'm a 20 year old female and I use a wheelchair.
I'm due to go to Spain soon but in the past year iv put weight off as a result of personal issues.*

I feel so fat and uncomfortable.*Do people really look at you on the beach? Have you got.any tips to help me feel any more confident? I have got a bit of a tummy on me as well as big hips (not like a big pot belly) but not like these beautiful girls you see with toned tight stomachs.*I'm a bit self conscious about my wheelchair anyway.

I can stand with crutches which is when I will also be a bit more self conscious.
Please help.*:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all*
I'm a 20 year old female and I use a wheelchair.
I'm due to go to Spain soon but in the past year iv put weight off as a result of personal issues.*

I feel so fat and uncomfortable.*Do people really look at you on the beach? Have you got.any tips to help me feel any more confident? I have got a bit of a tummy on me as well as big hips (not like a big pot belly) but not like these beautiful girls you see with toned tight stomachs.*I'm a bit self conscious about my wheelchair anyway.

I can stand with crutches which is when I will also be a bit more self conscious.
Please help.*:frown:

:hugs: I think a lot of people feel self-conscious at the beach. :smile: Remember that people are generally too worried about themselves to be judging other people. If you're shy, it might feel like everyone is staring at you even though that probably isn't the case. :smile:

Having a toned stomach is not the be-all-and-end-all. All shapes and sizes are beautiful.

The only way to be completely confident is to stop caring about what other people think. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest