The Student Room Group

Failed HEFC Access Uni

I failed Unit 2 in Quantative Methods but have 3 distinctions and 2 merits from my other units...am I seriously expected to start a whole new course again?
Reply 1
I'm just soooo stressed and my college aren't helping at all tbh...just need some advice!
If it's a BTEC then a failed unit will fail the entire course.
[h="2"]What can I do if I fail a module?[/h] If you have not passed the module on the first attempt you may be granted a referral (resit). This may depend on your level of engagement on this module. The maximum mark you are able to achieve for any referral assessment is 4R, unless a extenuating circumstances claim has been upheld against the assessment.
If you have failed the module at the final attempt and this is a Core module, you will have failed the award. However, you may be able to continue on your current modules to achieve as many credits as possible during the year, please speak to a Guidance Advisor to see if this applies. You may be able to transfer to a different award, if you wish to do this; you should seek advice from your award leader and/or Faculty Student Guidance Advisor.
If you have failed the module at the final attempt and this is an Award Specific or General Option you may be able to ‘replace’ the module during the next academic year (with attendance) but the maximum mark you are able to achieve for this module would be capped at a grade point 4R.

Taken from the FAQ on my college website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending