The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have this problem when I enter a classroom I just smile and get everyone's attention and then feel guilty about it later
Anonymous
I think I may have some sort of problem, because at times when talking or listening to people I just start smiling for no reason at all. Its like i'm expecting something funny and i just laugh! Its so weird, hope someone can shed some light onto this, and not flame me for being a lil odd.

Hey that's pretty cool....normal even. The worst thing is when walknig down the street by yourself and someone trips over and you burst out laughing on your own.....Did this once and the looks I got were not out of admiration! :rolleyes: As others have said...its better than walking around with a face like you just sucked a lemon :biggrin:
i always smile maybe its cos im a waiter and i have to be people friendly, but even when i was gutted bout my last gf dumping when she told me i smiled, so that may be weird =s
Smiling can be a nervous reaction. It certainly is in chimps, look at the picture of the one that they sent into space - massive grin = totally petrified.
Some kids grin when being told off, they can't help it, then when they try to stop, they grin more. Maybe your smiling is just because you feel awkward/threatened.
Or maybe you're just a happy person...