The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Hawthorns Halls

I've just accepted my accommodation at Hawthorns Halls for shared flat.
To study Adult Nursing.

Anyone else received their offer?
If so what course are you studying

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatyRSC
To study Adult Nursing.

Heya, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see and reply. :smile:
You should also check out the new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you!:biggrin:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Ive accepted mine in hawthorns, I'm going to be doing medicine so I've gone for the catered option, no sense in making it harder for myself!!
Reply 3
Original post by KatyRSC
To study Adult Nursing.

Hiii, I'm in G block at Hawthorns :smile: I'll be studying Biomed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lived in Hawthorns last year, Block B, and absolutely loved it. You'll fall in love with the place by the time you have to leave, honest!
Thanks! Ive been worried about it being so far away from everything, is there a self contained community there? Or do you spend a lot of time at other peoples places in other halls?
Original post by chandler1992
x

You'll get to know everyone in your block much quicker than the other halls because you have no choice but talk and get along - it's a sure way of making friends! In all honesty, it's not that far off, it's only 10 minutes away from campus!
Reply 7
I'm in Hawthorns block E room 009, anyone nearby?
Im in HAW MEWS 18, I'm not sure which block that is???
Reply 9
I'm in Hawthorns G block , room 20?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Mews is the name of the block, it doesn't have a block letter like the others :smile: It's where all the catered en suites are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Is it mainly freshers living in Hawthorns halls or is it a mixture? Also, how many people live on each floor in a block (i'm in block M) and is Hawthorns Halls as nice as the other university halls which are on campus?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by creative_thinker
The Mews is the name of the block, it doesn't have a block letter like the others :smile: It's where all the catered en suites are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Do you know what the rooms are like in the mews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're nice and spacious and the only accommodation in Hawthorns with an en suite :smile: Newer then the rest of Hawthorns :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by creative_thinker
They're nice and spacious and the only accommodation in Hawthorns with an en suite :smile: Newer then the rest of Hawthorns :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that sets my mind at ease! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hawthorns block K 009

Anyone nearby?
Reply 16
Ive accepted mine in hawthorns, I'm going to be doing medicine so I've gone for the catered option, no sense in making it harder for myself!!

Hi I'm doing medicine too! I was so worried I wouldn't meet medics on catered halls, definitely feeling better about being in Hawthorns now! My name is Eleanor, by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by El121
Hi I'm doing medicine too! I was so worried I wouldn't meet medics on catered halls, definitely feeling better about being in Hawthorns now! My name is Eleanor, by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Eleanor! Im lauren :smile: I figured with out schedule, its just going to be easier to have the food done in the halls. Have you joined the facebook group?
Reply 18
Hi Eleanor! Im lauren :smile: I figured with out schedule, its just going to be easier to have the food done in the halls. Have you joined the facebook group?

Hi :smile: it is much easier, I put down this option as a third choice, but I'm glad I have it now! (I can't cook haha!) I haven't yet, what is it called? What room are you in? I'm F 034 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by El121
Hi :smile: it is much easier, I put down this option as a third choice, but I'm glad I have it now! (I can't cook haha!) I haven't yet, what is it called? What room are you in? I'm F 034 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its called Keele university-medicine offer holders 2014, there are loads of us on there :smile: if you request to join I'll add you! im the mews, in number 18. Ive found another chap whos also on hawthorns, so we'll be doing the long walk to lectures together! I phoned the uni and students on hawthorns get a free bus pass and there are buses literally every two minutes, so we wont be late!

Quick Reply

Latest