The Student Room Group

Got my first job today, and I realised.

I have to work hard in school. today i had to spend two hours cleaning selves and 8 hours relaxing or helping customers, it was rubbish, i honestly never hated a day more then today, it was long, tedious and unrewarding. It made me think, I don't do well in school what am I going to do when I'm older, a job like this. Seriously if you've struggling to keep motivated in your studies just a job in a store and you motivation will go up 100 %

Scroll to see replies

I find picking things up and moving them therapeutic.
I did a job like this as well, it was so bull****. I hated every second of it. Good thing is, I'm most likely going to a good uni this year :smile:.
That is why I don't work :laugh:
Reply 4
That is exactly what motivated me to work hard during my Al-levels and apply to uni!!
Reply 5
Original post by Zeroic
I have to work hard in school. today i had to spend two hours cleaning selves and 8 hours relaxing or helping customers, it was rubbish, i honestly never hated a day more then today, it was long, tedious and unrewarding. It made me think, I don't do well in school what am I going to do when I'm older, a job like this. Seriously if you've struggling to keep motivated in your studies just a job in a store and you motivation will go up 100 %

What gives you the right to look down on other people's jobs? If I knew where you were working I'd have gave your boss a nice call.
Reply 6
Original post by Armin.
What gives you the right to look down on other people's jobs? If I knew where you were working I'd have gave your boss a nice call.

Would rep
Reply 7
Original post by Armin.

I don't know, perhaps the fact that boss only gave his employees 30 pound for the whole day maybe for there work?
Reply 8
Work experience was enough for me as well, I thought it would be fun but was mistaken.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I find picking things up and moving them therapeutic.

Really?
The funnest work I've ever done is bar work, work that needed no qualifications.
Reply 11
Original post by Tom_green_day
The funnest work I've ever done is bar work, work that needed no qualifications.

that does sound like fun man :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by Armin.

All he said was that he found a particular job to be tedious. That doesn't necessarily indicate that OP sees others in that position as below him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zeroic
that does sound like fun man :wink:

Good music, flowing alcohol and hot girls. My future Lit degree has nothing on that. If you find the right institute I'd really recommend it over a retail job.
Reply 14
Original post by Tom_green_day
Good music, flowing alcohol and hot girls. My future Lit degree has nothing on that. If you find the right institute I'd really recommend it over a retail job.

was the pay good?
Reply 15
But OP, I admire your resolve to further your education and avoid real work. :tongue:
Original post by Zeroic
I don't know, perhaps the fact that boss only gave his employees 30 pound for the whole day maybe for there work?

Whats wrong with spending 8 hours 'relaxing and helping customers'?
Original post by Zeroic

You said you spent 8 hours relaxing....:rolleyes:
Original post by Zeroic
was the pay good?

No, only over £6 an hour, but that was as it was for a temporary event over a few weekends so not a permanent job. However the hours are super long so in one day I made over £100, it quickly adds up.
Original post by The vampire
Really?

Ye lol.

What is soul destroying is spending hours and hours going through physics tutorials on your own late at night.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest