The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

America funding Israel, shock horror.

What's the point of this thread? Everyone knows Israel's biggest backer is the United States.
Israel has no economy.

I mean they do but it's all US taxpayer money. Without that money. They have nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Israel has no economy.

I mean they do but it's all US taxpayer money. Without that money. They have nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

did not know that
Reply 4
Did you know they also give them something stupid like 2.5bn USD anually.
Reply 5
Original post by Qari
what are your views.

That's pretty stingy considering they've spent over £100bn on Afghanistan.
Reply 6
Original post by shahbaz
Did you know they also give them something stupid like 2.5bn USD anually.

nope

Original post by Clip
That's pretty stingy considering they've spent over £100bn on Afghanistan.

$100bn you sure?
Reply 7
Original post by Qari
nope

$100bn you sure?

Oops. $100bn, not £100bn.

Actually, it was over $100bn. More like $110bn.
Reply 8
Original post by Clip
Oops. $100bn, not £100bn.

Actually, it was over $100bn. More like $110bn.

wow what a waste of money. look at the country for starts. they should have improved that
Not surprising. The American (religious) right is pro Israel so there is a large pro Israel camp in American politics and in the US in general.
Reply 10
Original post by thunder_chunky
Not surprising. The American (religious) right is pro Israel so there is a large pro Israel camp in American politics and in the US in general.

they're hypocrites IMO. they're giving russia such tough sanctions then they're funding ongoing war in Israel
Meanwhile loads of US citizens live in slums and projects neglected growing up in areas where they get shot for walking down the wrong street or wearing the wrong colour. Mexican immigrants moving into the country are under increasing scrutiny and the country has a massive gang problem with a group known as MS13.

What a frigging embarrassment of a country.
Reply 12
Original post by Sanctimonious
Meanwhile loads of US citizens live in slums and projects neglected growing up in areas where they get shot for walking down the wrong street or wearing the wrong colour. Mexican immigrants moving into the country are under increasing scrutiny and the country has a massive gang problem with a group known as MS13.

What a frigging embarrassment of a country.

why's your name in red?

and 100% agree with what you said
Original post by Qari
they're hypocrites IMO. they're giving russia such tough sanctions then they're funding ongoing war in Israel

Being Christian I think they feel an affinity with Israel. It certainly is a preference for them over Islam who they were wary of before and especially have been since 9/11. Every since then they have been firmly on the side of Israel. It's just the way they are.
Reply 14
Original post by Qari
wow what a waste of money. look at the country for starts. they should have improved that

Lose-lose situation. Afghan is a basket case. Has been for hundreds of years, and probably will be forever. It's full of violent, ignorant people who only want to kill and subjugate their own people. If the US funds reconstruction - it won't work because the country is so messed up. People say it's a waste. If they don't fund reconstruction, they get blamed for leaving the country in a state.

Although it was a mess to begin with.
I could understand why they'd rather give that money to israel than say, palestine, iran or syria.
Original post by Sic semper erat
The US gives $500 million to the Palestinian Authority every year. Israel has provided the Palestinian Authority with free electricity for the past 10 years, worth $525 million by now.

The Palestinians have received 25 times more aid per capita than what the US spent on rebuilding Europe (Marshall Plan) after WWII.

I know they do, I just meant that if I was your average white american, I'd rather donate money to israel than some random majority muslim country in the middle east.
Original post by Sic semper erat
Yeah, cause you really care about the well being of Americans. Its not like your motivation to say that is 100% political. islamonazi sympathizer

I care about the wellbeing of all living things. I couldn't care less if you are black, white, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Smurf or a frigging animal. Respect life and it'll respect you back in most cases. Living things deserve respect until they act in a way that shows they no longer deserve it. The Israeli government and Hamas have both acted in ways that show they don't deserve it although Hamas is basically Israels own creation. If you put water in a kettle and let it boil you're gonna get steam. Israel wanted a reaction and a violent reaction because it gave them the perfect excuse to attack and claim self defence which we all know is politically motivated hyperbole.

And yes I do feel sorry for the peaceful Americans betrayed by their government just as I feel sorry for the Brits betrayed by theirs and the peaceful Israeli people who want the Palestinian people left alone.

Who I don't feel sorry for is the apologist scum defending the actions of those breaking numerous UN rules and scum who have a total disregard for human live, never mind life altogether. If you were expecting a politically correct apologist response you better go elsewhere. You won't get it from me, sunshine.
The 'palestinians' are the largest recipients of aid per capita in the world.

Spending it on rockets and tunnels.

Despicable entity.
Reply 19
Original post by Sanctimonious
I care about the wellbeing of all living things. I couldn't care less if you are black, white, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Smurf or a frigging animal. Respect life and it'll respect you back in most cases. Living things deserve respect until they act in a way that shows they no longer deserve it. The Israeli government and Hamas have both acted in ways that show they don't deserve it although Hamas is basically Israels own creation. If you put water in a kettle and let it boil you're gonna get steam. Israel wanted a reaction and a violent reaction because it gave them the perfect excuse to attack and claim self defence which we all know is politically motivated hyperbole.

And yes I do feel sorry for the peaceful Americans betrayed by their government just as I feel sorry for the Brits betrayed by theirs and the peaceful Israeli people who want the Palestinian people left alone.

Who I don't feel sorry for is the apologist scum defending the actions of those breaking numerous UN rules and scum who have a total disregard for human live, never mind life altogether. If you were expecting a politically correct apologist response you better go elsewhere. You won't get it from me, sunshine.

my new TSR role model :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending