The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really? I know loads of pale people. I'm ghostly white myself.
1) The allele for blonde hair is recessive. Plus blonde hair is a pain to dye. The bleach often damages the hair and regrowth is very fast & visible.
2) Fake tan
Original post by tnetennba
1) The allele for blonde hair is recessive. Plus blonde hair is a pain to dye. The bleach often damages the hair and regrowth is very fast & visible.
2) Fake tan

Irrelevant I know, but I love your name :tongue:
Hello
Well, I'm very pale myself and I know lots of other very pale girls. But you're right about blondes - I don't see all that many either.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Hello

Hey...
Original post by Autistic Merit
Hey...

"Well are you out tonight?"
Original post by goldie56
"Well are you out tonight?"

I'm never in. :smile:
My sister is actually pale and blonde, lol.
Gingers :coma:
I see them all the time. There are more blondes today really because of hair dye.
Is that your type? lol
Hey...

In response to your actual question. Naturally light blonde hair on adults is very rare, I know a few girls with it but they tend to be of Scandinavian heritage. Even that girl in your example has bleached hair as you can see her roots are dark.

I have medium/dark blonde hair (dyed light), very pale skin (in winter) and blue eyes. I thought it was a pretty common combo but maybe not!
Hi

I'm blonde and my bestie is a genuine red head!! People call us R & B!
I went to Aussie and they are very well educated about skin protection. I need to be careful but I get away with it
In scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Norway, Finland, blonde hair and blue eyes and pale skin is an incredibly common sight.. it totally depends where you're living..
I think it's a bit odd for you to say "is it because people do not like to reproduce with them so they die out".. I'm blonde and green eyed, fairly pale and I'm not bragging but I've never had any trouble in that department..
Also, from what I can tell, a lot of guys like blonde hair.. the natural kind not the bleached, brassy kind of blonde.
I probably am the minority here though.. I was stood at a bar in wetherspoons last year and a guy came up to me and said "just wondering, are you Swedish?".. I was like lol, no. I do look nordic though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Emememily733
Not at all.. in Britain brunette is the dominant hair colour of many women and men.. when you think of an English Rose you think of a brunette woman with soft features.. most people I know do anyway..

In scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Norway, Finland, blonde hair and blue eyes and pale skin is an incredibly common sight.. it totally depends where you're living..
I think it's a bit odd for you to say "is it because people do not like to reproduce with them so they die out".. I'm blonde and green eyed, fairly pale and I'm not bragging but I've never had any trouble in that department..
Also, from what I can tell, a lot of guys like blonde hair.. the natural kind not the bleached, brassy kind of blonde.
I probably am the minority here though.. I was stood at a bar in wetherspoons last year and a guy came up to me and said "just wondering, are you Swedish?".. I was like lol, no. I do look nordic though.

As a 50% Swede, I can say, yes you do look Nordic and genuine. As a natural bleach blonde type of Swede I have guys bother me with less flattering questions!
I just realised that almost all the girls I know are brunettes or ginger. Also very few of them are pale and a lot of them have a very strong tan.

There is no one I know who looks like this:

Why are they rare? Is it because the genes are recessive for being pale? Is it that people do not like to reproduce with them so they 'die out'? Micro evolution or whatever it's called?

One of my best friends is pale, blue-eyed and platinum blonde (natural)- most of her family are slightly more tanned and dark haired though, which is odd. :s-smilie:
Reply 19
I know loads, not rare at all

Latest