The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Aqua House accommodation

Has anyone recently/still live in Aqua house? I know the prices are pretty reasonable and the selective pictures online look decent but i'm not entirely convinced I haven't signed any contracts but i have payed my reservation fee without visiting the accommodation in person (probably a stupid thing to do) and I am also sharing between 8 people, maybe I've made a bad decision?
Hi, are you going to be a Fresher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, I can't wait to come down!
Reply 3
Are you a fresher? Second or third year? Or higher?
Very much ex. But try to help advise.
Have you applied through the UNI process or have you ignored that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah I originally applied to Lincoln Courts through the university but going through money budgets I realized it was too much so I down graded my accommodation to Aqua House. I emailed Lincoln accommodation asking when I would receive information on any offers I'll be able to accept but you don't receive any information until the 18th of August (for A levels) although I've already received my results and my place has been confirmed at Lincoln University (Because I did a BTEC course). So I rang Aqua House up and the assistant other the phone mentioned how students normally ring direct to book/reserve accommodation, regarding this issue the room I originally applied for through the University Website was not available (fully booked) if I would of waited I probably wouldn't of had a room I originally "reserved" in March. So now I have to take out an extra £600 because i wasn't informed of "ringing Aqua house direct" haha, which could of been put towards freshers, and other things, so now I've not only reserved a room i haven't even seen but I'll have to pay an extra £600 because the room I booked back in March is somehow "not available" It's a great start haha, I wish I did just ignore it now :frown:
Wow. That doesn't sound right. You sure UNI Accom don't have a view. Even with that brief version I am sure they would take a view on your behalf. Especially being a first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest