The Student Room Group

Am i likely to still get accepted?

I'm currently waiting on results from my Maths GCSE resit after getting a conditional offer from Cardiff University to do Business Management. The conditional asks i get a 'B' grade in my resit as well as 'DDD' in my college course. I finished my college course with a 'D*D*D*' which is better than what Cardiff requested but im not confident on my resit results at all. If i don't get the grade does anyone think ill still have a chance of getting accepted? or do they know Cardiff's approach to people who don't meet their conditionals fully? Thanks in advance!
B is quite a high grade for a GCSE math requirement at uni, most ask for C.

You should contact the uni and ask what they will say.
Reply 2
Original post by AJJ2009
I'm currently waiting on results from my Maths GCSE resit after getting a conditional offer from Cardiff University to do Business Management. The conditional asks i get a 'B' grade in my resit as well as 'DDD' in my college course. I finished my college course with a 'D*D*D*' which is better than what Cardiff requested but im not confident on my resit results at all. If i don't get the grade does anyone think ill still have a chance of getting accepted? or do they know Cardiff's approach to people who don't meet their conditionals fully? Thanks in advance!

It's very possible you could still be accepted.

It depends on how good your Personal Statement is and whatever else you put on your UCAS Application.

They will have room on the courses and will want to fill them because they get paid more that way.
Yeah definitely contact the uni and ask them what is likely to happen. hopefully if you don't get a B you'll get a high C.
Original post by AJJ2009

I think you stand good chance of being accepted.
Most uni's ask minimum C in Maths (and English) anyway.
D*D*D* will favour your application, more so, if you don't get a B.
I wouldn't worry...but call/e-mail them for your own benefit.

Quick Reply

Latest