The Student Room Group

Went out with a guy, kissed him goodbye... on the cheek... he looked strange...?!

Dear TSR. I feel I have committed a cardinal dating sin of some sort... Long story short I'm a girl who went out to eat with a guy who asked me out a week ago. We'd been texting for a while, so him asking me was a step I'm glad he took. He dropped me home and we had an awkward "I enjoyed myself" blah blah moment. It went on for around 2 mins, felt like an eternity but in a good way. Like we were both soaking up how much we'd enjoyed ourselves. Difficult to explain. Anyway, he was smiling... Almost as though he was expecting something. I thought he'd make a move but he didn't and it was really dragging on. Not that I didn't want to sit in the car with him, I just felt like something should have been done at that point. So I said something funny as I opened the door, then leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

THE LOOK ON HIS FACE. It was like he was taken aback. But not in an angry/disappointed WTF way. More of a "u wot" way. I can't explain it. He knows I'm reserved so there's no way he'd expected me to start sucking him off or anything. I felt horrified that I'd done it. I'm not a girl who goes out a lot with guys and this was my first proper date. Did I do something wrong? Should I have kissed him on the lips? Was the cheek thing juvenile? It just seemed fitting... Ugh. He has texted me since but he didn't mention it. Should I? I want to garner a range of views. Boys and girls. Thanks guys.

Scroll to see replies

Are you 12?

You only kiss friends on the cheek.
Reply 2
He probably thinks he's been friendzoned :wink:

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Mods please keep anonymous this is too embarrassing!
Original post by Ceryni
He probably thinks he's been friendzoned ;]

My thoughts exactly :frown: drop him a message and thank him for the other night and say that you hope you get to meet up again real soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
So nearly a believable tale. Nice fantasy though.
Reply 6
He's the man. He should have went for the kiss if he wanted it, hes only got himself to blame. I think you should find yourself a new guy and ditch this sissy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

THE LOOK ON HIS FACE. It was like he was taken aback. But not in an angry/disappointed WTF way. More of a "u wot" way. I can't explain it. He knows I'm reserved so there's no way he'd expected me to start sucking him off or anything.

LOL
Original post by Anonymous
Did I do something wrong? Should I have kissed him on the lips? Was the cheek thing juvenile?

Not in adult land.
Depends if you wanted to or not.
No, completely normal in adult land.

Probably the sort of thread that demonstrates the gulf that exists between teens and mid-twenties & beyond.
Well I would kiss him on the other cheek since I have OCD :wink:
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Well I would kiss him on the other cheek since I have OCD :wink:

by this logic, if he had kissed you on the lips, would you demand he kisses the other lips aswell:confused:
Original post by barneystin
by this logic, if he had kissed you on the lips, would you demand he kisses the other lips aswell:confused:

I don't understand that reference.

Only on TSR :facepalm2:
I don't understand that reference.

Only on TSR :facepalm2:

''The vaginal lips Emma. The vaginal lips.'' - Shakespeare
''The vaginal lips Emma. The vaginal lips.'' - Shakespeare

Lol. No Barney :rofl2:
Lol. No Barney :rofl2:

but how would the CDO get satisfied?
Lol ouch. You done ****ed up.
but how would the CDO get satisfied?

ah i dun goofed help plz
ah i dun goofed help plz

''When you reach a point in your life where you face adversity, it is important for a man to take a step back, and binge watch netflix for 10 hours'' - Malcolm X
ah i dun goofed help plz

Why? :frown: Damn it. We were so close to finding it as well.
Reply 19
friendzoned

Quick Reply

Latest