The Student Room Group

He tells me he likes me but he talks to this other girl.

I have been getting close to a guy, we have been speaking a lot recently and have been going on dates. He even came round my house last Sunday and we watched Netflix ALL day and chilled out, it was fun!

The issue I have is that a girl messaged me via facebook the other day and had copy and pasted literally everything he had been saying to her. I didn't think I had an issue with him talking to other girls but the thing that has made me feel kind of stupid and a bit hurt is that he says exactly the same things to her that he says to me.

I thought he liked me but obviously not.

I want to confront him about it BUT I do not want to seem like a crazy psycho, especially as we aren't even official.

I don't understand why I feel so hurt by this :frown: what do I do you guys?! I keep imagining him with her and it makes me feel sad lol help me!!!!
Well, what did he even say to this girl? All we know is he spoke to another girl on FB (which yeah, makes you seem like a crazy psycho if that's all he did)
Reply 2
Original post by It's a Classic
Well, what did he even say to this girl? All we know is he spoke to another girl on FB (which yeah, makes you seem like a crazy psycho if that's all he did)

The same things he says to me, like arranging dates, having little personal jokes with each other, telling her how pretty she is etc etc.
Original post by Anonymous
The same things he says to me, like arranging dates, having little personal jokes with each other, telling her how pretty she is etc etc.

Well it's obvious he's stringing you along in that case. To put it bluntly, he's exploring his options. See, with him he has no real commitment to you which indicates he's only looking for a quick "bang".

He sounds like a prick imo. Don't make up excuses for him and let him go. Confronting him wouldn't be bad either but I predict he'll come up with some BS excuse or try and shift the blame on you not being receptive to his approach. So yeah, end it. But it's up to you, you know? :smile:
If you're not in a committed relatio then surely he's entitled to do that sort of stuff. If you want exclusivity then ask him out.
You've already said you aren't committed yet so don't really know what you're whining about.
He sounds like a huge player. Your post reminded me of the movie 'John Tucker must die' where the guy said the exact same things to all 5 girls and the saught revenge on him. Leave him now before he makes you look even more of a fool.

Why did this girl even send you those messages? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
I'm not whining, I just don't understand why people (especially men) can't be honest with you.

They make you feel all special and feed you a load of crap.

How would you feel in this situation? be honest.

I guarantee you would feel hurt to.
Reply 8
Original post by Secretnerd123
He sounds like a huge player. Your post reminded me of the movie 'John Tucker must die' where the guy said the exact same things to all 5 girls and the saught revenge on him. Leave him now before he makes you look even more of a fool.

Why did this girl even send you those messages? :s-smilie:

IKR!

She sent me them because she had heard he'd been speaking to me also. :confused:

She was pretty angry herself.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been getting close to a guy, we have been speaking a lot recently and have been going on dates. He even came round my house last Sunday and we watched Netflix ALL day and chilled out, it was fun!

The issue I have is that a girl messaged me via facebook the other day and had copy and pasted literally everything he had been saying to her. I didn't think I had an issue with him talking to other girls but the thing that has made me feel kind of stupid and a bit hurt is that he says exactly the same things to her that he says to me.

I thought he liked me but obviously not.

I want to confront him about it BUT I do not want to seem like a crazy psycho, especially as we aren't even official.

I don't understand why I feel so hurt by this :frown: what do I do you guys?! I keep imagining him with her and it makes me feel sad lol help me!!!!

Actually completely understand this because it happened to me. What I reckon you should do (because it won't go away if you ignore it and it's best to confront it head on) is just tell him the truth, tell him that this girl messaged you and what she said, tell him that you don't want to be played, and let him know that if you're going to continue seeing him you want to know that you'll be the only girl he's seeing in that way. If he can't agree to this I'd stop seeing him all together. If he can't agree and you keep seeing him it just says you have low self-respect. Tbh, I reckon he sounds like a player but, if you don't try you'll never know how it could work out. You're not psycho at all. You just don't want to get played and/or used. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Quick Reply

Latest