The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Design Engineering?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hhdh11
Yeah that might be why, I was applying for architecture as well as design engineering so was trying to include about both, so maybe they didn't see enough dedication to the subject? Did you get an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the exact same boat as you were! Would you recommend a statement with both Architecture and Design Engineering? Did you get accepted anywhere else/where did you apply?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Is anyone still live on this thread!? I really need help lol where else did you apply because it seems this is the only decent course for Design Engineering across the UK- Bristol is good but its completely different!
Reply 62
There are no others in the UK.. Everywhere else is product design. Imperial is the only uni offering this type of course.

I didn't get an offer but i still want to go into design engineering so im going to do a masters in mech eng then try out for the global innovation design or innovation design engineering masters afterwards, also at imperial.
Original post by muhts
There are no others in the UK.. Everywhere else is product design. Imperial is the only uni offering this type of course.

I didn't get an offer but i still want to go into design engineering so im going to do a masters in mech eng then try out for the global innovation design or innovation design engineering masters afterwards, also at imperial.

I thought so- I dropped by the site- its only in a little house over three floors at the moment!- and I chatted to an admittance guy. He told me Bristol is the only other place but it's completely different. I know this course is for me but I can't but all my eggs in one basket. Any personal statement tips??
Original post by 9696
Got an offer just over a week ago!! :smile:
Unlucky to those of you that didn't get one, hope you get offers where you wanna go.
Still haven't heard from imperial directly, only got a track update.

Hi!I'm thinking of applying for this course and I got A* A A for A levels- whats the likelihood of me getting in/ what was your offer?Hannah
I just went to the open day and absolutely loved this course , its definately what i want to do ! What were your grades those who got in this year ? And what was your interview like what did they say ?
What a levels does everyone do? Are you guys approaching the statement from a Product Design route?
Original post by Engineerrookie
What a levels does everyone do? Are you guys approaching the statement from a Product Design route?

I do Maths , Physics and Biology so a weird Mix so im approaching it from the Mechanical Side so ill be applying for this and some mech with design courses , But this is the course for me Hands down so My personal statement is largely around this course , Predicted 3 A*'s and got work experience , a good EPQ , did EES and got Design background from my GCSE art and graphics. Just pray i can get an interview cause then i can get across how much i want to do this
Reply 68
Hey, anyone going to the December interview days?
Could past applicants share what the interviews are like? Are they academic or more casual?
Reply 69
Original post by suny97
Hey, anyone going to the December interview days?
Could past applicants share what the interviews are like? Are they academic or more casual?

Hello! May I know when you received an invitation to interview for Design Engineering at Imperial? When is your interview?

I still haven't heard from Imperial yet, feeling so frustrated...
Good luck for your interview btw :smile:
Hey, I have an interview for design engineering tomorrow at Imperial, does anyone have any last minute tips? Thanks
What kind of things were people asked in their interviews last week? Did you bring in examples of your work as well?
Original post by soph200997
What kind of things were people asked in their interviews last week? Did you bring in examples of your work as well?

A whole host of different things really it could easily change but quite designed based. I brought in a small portfolio based on my GCSE d&t work, but it isn't essential :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by G.Jones97
A whole host of different things really it could easily change but quite designed based. I brought in a small portfolio based on my GCSE d&t work, but it isn't essential :smile:

Did it involve any maths or physics problems? Good luck!
Original post by suny97
Did it involve any maths or physics problems? Good luck!

Mine involved some maths but it's not difficult, serious! Thanks
Got mine on Wednesday , really excited and nervous i want to do this course so bad ! obviously you can't give much away but anymore advice in terms of questions and preparation those who have had it already ?
Original post by Jshepherd97
Got mine on Wednesday , really excited and nervous i want to do this course so bad ! obviously you can't give much away but anymore advice in terms of questions and preparation those who have had it already ?

Just make sure that anything you've done in the past, academic and extra curricular, you know inside out, they could ask you about it at any time :smile:
Did my interview for Design Engineering at Imperial two weeks ago. Today I received an email saying competition for this course was really tough, and that it could take until spring 2016 for them to make their final decision. Did anyone get an offer ?
I had the same email!
Original post by marclumiere
Did my interview for Design Engineering at Imperial two weeks ago. Today I received an email saying competition for this course was really tough, and that it could take until spring 2016 for them to make their final decision. Did anyone get an offer ?

Just out of curiousity, what kind of predicted grades did you have? Im waiting for them to open up again as I sent my application a week before christmas, and am currently sitting on my nerves waiting

Quick Reply

Latest