The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Design Engineering?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Music With Rocks
I didn't do as well as I should have in my C3 I am thinking it will be a low A but I feel my C4 went very well (hoping for 100ums) so I may have just saved it. :redface:

Lets hope we have somehow pulled it off haha

Wow!!!! I think you will have what do you think you got in C3? One question do you remember how many marks the volume of revolution question and the question where you used what you implicitly differentiated and found where the normal instersects the x axis???
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Engineerrookie
Wow!!!! I think you will have what do you think you got in C3? One question do you remember how many marks the volume of revolution question and the question where you used what you implicitly differentiated and found where the normal instersects the x axis???

I am thinking around 65 in C3 but I am not too sure, and sorry I honestly have no idea haha I am really bad at remembering that sort of thing after an exam.
Original post by life.of.pablo
So guys I am a Year 12 student taking Maths, Economics, Computer science and Turkish. I am predicted AABB for AS, and I have 4As and 6Bs at GCSE, do you think I should apply for design engineering. I am in the engineering society in school and I am going to do M1 for A2, plus I have read many books on the subject.

A big part of the course will be programming and enterprise/entrepeneurship so I guess economics(might?) and compsci will be pretty relevant.
Well had my last exam today, definitely didn't get an A* in physics. My only hope is that maths and DT were both an A* but it is so close and gut instinct says I haven't made it :/ was always going to be tough for me to get the grades
which day was your interview btw. and hope all goes well👊👊👊👊
Are there any current students on this thread??
Well had my last exam today, definitely didn't get an A* in physics. My only hope is that maths and DT were both an A* but it is so close and gut instinct says I haven't made it :/ was always going to be tough for me to get the grades

For science particularly, you can never be completely sure how an exam has gone! Just have hope :smile:)) I'm sure you did fine! And either way I'm guessing you put in your all!!
Hi guys, am looking for work experience to improve my application for Design Engineering, does anyone have any suggestions for a London based consultancy?
I've tried a few and not had much luck...
For science particularly, you can never be completely sure how an exam has gone! Just have hope :smile:)) I'm sure you did fine! And either way I'm guessing you put in your all!!

I am in that stage of self hate haha where I dwell on everything I could have done better during A levels. But you are completely right, it is so hard to judge how a physics or other science exam went it is not like maths.Do you think you have managed to get your grades? :smile:
Original post by Davidhope
Hi guys, am looking for work experience to improve my application for Design Engineering, does anyone have any suggestions for a London based consultancy?
I've tried a few and not had much luck...

Keep in mind you can also go to Engineering related events ans lectures which will improve you application. have a look at eventbrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in that stage of self hate haha where I dwell on everything I could have done better during A levels. But you are completely right, it is so hard to judge how a physics or other science exam went it is not like maths.Do you think you have managed to get your grades? :smile:

I'm pretty sure (I hope atleast)! I really really hope! Well I need A*AA and I'm pretty sure I've got one in art or maths :smile: (hopefully)
So I have forgotten my username for the e service thing and whenever I try "forgotten username/password" it just says "Not Recognised".

Were we allocated usernames? If so what general format did the username take? just trying to figure out what it could possibly be
How did everyone's results go? I got in :smile:
How did everyone's results go? I got in :smile:

I got A*ABB, missed out on an A* by 1 ums and an A by 4 ums. Ah well, enjoy imperial!
In terms of a university application, how do the interviews go like? What AS grades do you need? Can you reapply in 2018 if you don't get a place?
Reply 175
Is Anyone applying to Design engineering this year?
Reply 176
I've applied. Have you heard if you have an interview?
Reply 177
Original post by TAVUS
I've applied. Have you heard if you have an interview?

I'm actually yet unsure. thought of applying to design engineering, but i have no idea what they are looking for in personal statement and whats gonna be the questions on interview. I'd rather take a safer route and apply to Chemistry.
Applicant here!
I have also replied, but haven't heard back yet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending