The Student Room Group

Why Do Chicks Think It's Appropriate To Text Back 6 Hours Later?

Like I know you seen the message. I know you're not busy. It's not cute, I know you don't want to seem eager but this is taking it too far. You're doing it all wrong.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't know chickens could text :smile:

Learn something new everyday :smile:
Because we're cool lyk dat :cool:
It's not just women. Men do that also. I really don't know tbh.

I message ppl back (if I remember) asap. Even if I'm busy. People always act as if I want to talk all the time because I'll keep talking or require replies that aren't days after my message but if the person says "I'm a bit busy, talk another time", I'd stop :tongue:.
Srsly?
I always have to reply back ASAP. Does that come off as desperate?
I dunno. I always feel bad if I reply an hour late, let alone six hours. :sogood:
Reply 5
Original post by Kutta
I didn't know chickens could text :smile:

Learn something new everyday :smile:

No grandad jokes pls.
Reply 6
Original post by Truths
Like I know you seen the message. I know you're not busy. It's not cute, I know you don't want to seem eager but this is taking it too far. You're doing it all wrong.

All I know is that the longer someone takes to reply, the less interested I become in them/the conversation..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Truths
No grandad jokes pls.

Soz bruv
Reply 8
Original post by Truths

if we don't text back it simply means you're not important.
Reply 9
Original post by TheVth
All I know is that the longer someone takes to reply, the less interested I become in them/the conversation..

I feel the same way so I just acted like I didn't see it. I mean, I like this girl, but I wish she didn't feel that she had to play games to keep me interested :confused:

Original post by Mochassassin
Srsly?
I always have to reply back ASAP. Does that come off as desperate?
I dunno. I always feel bad if I reply an hour late, let alone six hours. :sogood:

Not desperate but invested. Girls will wait anyway to not seem desperate. But it's already such an obvious gameplan that there is no point.

Original post by Maura Kat
if we don't text back it simply means you're not important.

You don't ask for someones number if they are not important enough to text :angry:
Original post by Truths

Not desperate but invested. Girls will wait anyway to not seem desperate. But it's already such an obvious gameplan that there is no point.

That really sucks. I don't really have all-day-long conversations with girls so I don't really know if my own behaviour is like that. I try and keep conversations going for as long as possible, up until the point where the other person falls asleep on me...

Anyway! Not all girls like waiting so long. I know for a fact I hate it. Two can play at a game, remember. Use that to your advantage. :ahee:
Because they can do whatever they want.
I pretty much always text back within 5 minutes to anyone not just people I like, others just can't be arsed with texting.
Who knows what they're doing in between texts, she may not be playing a game she might be asleep, watching movies, busy, working, doing literally anything or she may just not be big on texting.
Reply 12
Original post by Truths
I feel the same way so I just acted like I didn't see it. I mean, I like this girl, but I wish she didn't feel that she had to play games to keep me interested :confused:

For me it's not a game. I think it's more defeating since instead of provoking the chase, the other person is becoming less interested as it goes on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Truths

i do it to women all the time.
i got other women to speak to.
Original post by Truths

It's so annoying :angry:
inb4 please respond

OP don't text a girl twice without her responding
I hate this **** so much. It makes no sense at all. Fair enough if the person is doing something (lol for 6hrs straight) but most of the time it's just silly "hurr chase me" bs.
Reply 17
To be fair I take ages to reply on things like Tinder, just cos it doesn't bother me too much and cos replying immediately comes off as a bit keen. If it's someone I'm seeing though, I don't like replies being that late... Which happened with the last girl. She sometimes took over 24 hours and I know she could have replied before because she lived only 20m away from me! lol
Why do people run their lives via text anyway? They are just using it as an avoidance technique or they simply do not possess sufficient conversation skills to express themselves verbally via the telephonic apparatus.
Yeah. Its done (regardless of gender) by *****. The idea is that in every relationship one person is the leader and one person is the follower. Stuff like this is just trying to do that generally (if there isn't a genuine reason)

Quick Reply

Latest