The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Got BBB, got a chance for ABB?

Hey guys, as the title said, in 2013, I got BBB, 300 UCAS points, and I recently dropped out of university because I didnt enjoy pharmacy at all. I would like to apply to queen mary university with these grades, but according to their website and UCAS, they look for 320 points,ABB. Like I REALLY want to apply for queen mary, theres not many unis that is as good as qm's for computer science in this tier level. Do you think I have a chance? Do you know anyone in your life that like missed by 1 grade and still managed to get in.
Original post by scaphrax
Hey guys, as the title said, in 2013, I got BBB, 300 UCAS points, and I recently dropped out of university because I didnt enjoy pharmacy at all. I would like to apply to queen mary university with these grades, but according to their website and UCAS, they look for 320 points,ABB. Like I REALLY want to apply for queen mary, theres not many unis that is as good as qm's for computer science in this tier level. Do you think I have a chance? Do you know anyone in your life that like missed by 1 grade and still managed to get in.

Try calling them up and asking. Have you applied again this year?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2

Hi, I'm not 100% certain, but I think they might. I applied for Computer Science this year and have Queen Mary as my insurance. They gave me an offer of 300 UCAS points so they might accept you as well. I'd e-mail them and ask just to be sure. I looked on their website and it still says 300 UCAS points: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/80043.html and UCAS says 300-340 UCAS points which you have, so you'll probably still get in. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Just_Cos
Hi, I'm not 100% certain, but I think they might. I applied for Computer Science this year and have Queen Mary as my insurance. They gave me an offer of 300 UCAS points so they might accept you as well. I'd e-mail them and ask just to be sure. I looked on their website and it still says 300 UCAS points: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/80043.html and UCAS says 300-340 UCAS points which you have, so you'll probably still get in. :smile:

Hey, the course I was talking about is G402, the year in industry....do u still think I may have a chance, do u think if I cannot enter the course directly, i may be able to switch from just computer science 3 years to c.s. 4 years, year in industry during the time I study the course?
Reply 4
[Hi i have applied in QUEEN MARRY and it is my firm choice!!! really want to get in in this uni man!!! my exams went allright but still i am tooo afraid to get my result !! Can you tell me in order to get in Queenmarry we have to hit 340 Ucas points or will they accept if i got a bit less than that???
And also i cannot find the Queenmarry's clearing hotlin ?? how and when can you get this? i tried looking up on their website but couldnt find:frown:
Reply 5
Hey, the course I was talking about is G402, the year in industry....do u still think I may have a chance, do u think if I cannot enter the course directly, i may be able to switch from just computer science 3 years to c.s. 4 years, year in industry during the time I study the course?

Oooh, I thought it was the other course, sorry! I think you could do that, I know some unis that allow you to switch during the year, but I'm not 100% sure if Queen Mary will allow that.

Also you could check during clearing to see if the requirements have been lowered and apply then.

But I recommend either calling or emailing the admissions team and finding out.
Reply 6
Original post by anum_kh
[Hi i have applied in QUEEN MARRY and it is my firm choice!!! really want to get in in this uni man!!! my exams went allright but still i am tooo afraid to get my result !! Can you tell me in order to get in Queenmarry we have to hit 340 Ucas points or will they accept if i got a bit less than that???
And also i cannot find the Queenmarry's clearing hotlin ?? how and when can you get this? i tried looking up on their website but couldnt find:frown:

I don't know but they might accept one grade difference (320 ums) I guess it depends on how people have done in general (if many missed their offers by a lot or not).

Clearing is on the 14th after everyone has their results so they'll probably put it on the website then, also some newspapers (I think it's The Telegraph I'm not sure) have a list of the universities that have spaces for clearing so you can get one of them if Queen Mary doesn't put it up.
Reply 7
OMG SOOO SCAREDD!!! can you tell me some of the tips to remember while clearing !!i literally have no experience of it .....
Reply 8
Original post by anum_kh
OMG SOOO SCAREDD!!! can you tell me some of the tips to remember while clearing !!i literally have no experience of it .....

This is my first time applying to uni so I don't know much about the clearing process, I guess just act fast is my advice. If you have to go through clearing just make sure you have everything you need (UCAS ID, personal statement, numbers of the universities you want etc.) so that you can get your application sorted as soon as possible. 😊
Reply 9
can you tell me the clearing hotline number i cant access please
Original post by anum_kh
can you tell me the clearing hotline number i cant access please

Calling from the UK:

0800 376 1800 or
0800 096 6263 or
0203 053 0793

Calling from overseas:

+44 (0)203 053 0793
Reply 11
Original post by QMUL-James
Calling from the UK:

0800 376 1800 or
0800 096 6263 or
0203 053 0793

Calling from overseas:

+44 (0)203 053 0793

Can i get information about student finance as well please! i have applied for it and its been about two months ! everytime i call them i get different answer i have provided them all the financial documents as well but dont know how long will it take more. What is the deadline to sort out our student finance in Queen mary ?
Reply 12
Original post by Just_Cos
This is my first time applying to uni so I don't know much about the clearing process, I guess just act fast is my advice. If you have to go through clearing just make sure you have everything you need (UCAS ID, personal statement, numbers of the universities you want etc.) so that you can get your application sorted as soon as possible. ������

how long do i have to wait for the confirmation letter (that they mentioned will be sent via post) ???any clue??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending