The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU: Did i make the good choice?

I have obtained 3A* for my A levels and topped several subject in my country. My education agent suggested me to go for MMU because their excellent reputation in Fashion and Apparel. I have applied and been accepted in the Fashion Design and Technology course and up to now, it seems the best course I could had. However I keep getting back feedback about MMU and don't know if I made a good choice anymore.
I went to MMU for my last degree and I'm going again this year. It's reasonable but I feel you could aim so much higher, I wouldn't have gone to MMU if I got 3 A*s. Then again, I know nothing about about fashion.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Bsturgeon1
I went to MMU for my last degree and I'm going again this year. It's reasonable but I feel you could aim so much higher, I wouldn't have gone to MMU if I got 3 A*s. Then again, I know nothing about about fashion.

Actually I am an international student, so most universities' fees are out of reach for me. And it's a bit late anyway to opt for another university. Do you think it's reasonable to continue at MMU?
Reply 3
I most definitely wouldn't have gone to MMU if I had a A*s.
I mean, if it's a good course, and other Unis are unrealistic then if continue at MMU. Just make sure to do research and make sure they teach the right things. I'm going back to mmu because Uni of Manchester is unrealistic for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
3A*s and you're going to Manchester Met?

Is this a ****ing wind-up?
Nothing wrong with being financially realistic, if MMU is a better option because they cannot realistically afford a better uni, then better that than not go at all. I agree MMU with 3 A*s does seen a waste of talent though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your grades are likely to get you into a university which carries a little more clout. That being said, I haven't a clue about the rankings in Fasion and it just might so happen that their department is excellent.
Reply 8
come on people... did i make such a bad choice?:confused:
Original post by DoctorWho?
come on people... did i make such a bad choice?:confused:

MMU is normally for students getting arround BBC at A levels, Manchester usually around AAB so the fact that you are going MMU with those grades is a surprise.
Reply 10
Original post by MattDrane
MMU is normally for students getting arround BBC at A levels, Manchester usually around AAB so the fact that you are going MMU with those grades is a surprise.

I actually wanted to do Textiles Science and Technology at Manchester Uni but 18 000 GBP for an International student without any means of getting a scholarship is well... not very affordable
Original post by DoctorWho?
I actually wanted to do Textiles Science and Technology at Manchester Uni but 18 000 GBP for an International student without any means of getting a scholarship is well... not very affordable

Thats fair enough, It comes down to what is realistic as the end of the day. MMU is a fine school, with your grades you could get into better university but if it isn't financially realistic MMU is fine.
T.E. Lawrence once wrote a book called 'The Mint.' It was a critique of the British army and how it 'stamped' out British soldiers in a uniform pattern.

Sad that he never lived long enough to see Manchester Met. He could have written a sequel.

Man. Met. Is just a degree factory turning out middle-managers and call centre operatives who can be understood.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending