The Student Room Group

Should ALL under aged females have abortions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by layahuudi
You have misunderstood me. I am not for forced abortions, but in the event that a underage child decides to have the child, the two options should be you keep the kid and you pay for it without any benefits or the kid goes into care.

That's how it works already..... you don't get benefits for the child, someone over the age of 16 has to agree to be the main carer (usually their parents) to do so.
Reply 21
Kinda scary how little average citizens regards to human rights are. They think the government should have the power to do pretty much everything.

Original post by DanB1991
That's how it works already..... you don't get benefits for the child, someone over the age of 16 has to agree to be the main carer (usually their parents) to do so.

Not true, kids who kids can claim benefits
Original post by layahuudi
Not true, kids who kids can claim benefits

Sorry your right, you can get child benefit but not income support.
Reply 24
Original post by zippity.doodah
my philosophy/viewpoint is that if they can't pay for their kids then the government should not pay for them. so that would lead to a de facto inclination for abortions as opposed to expecting the public for paying for these "baby mamas'" displays of idiocy

You'd think that, but remember these people don't really think ahead, hence why they, y'know, got pregnant in the first place.
Reply 25
You're seriously discussing allowing the state to force abortions on young women without their consent?

The kids shouldn't be taken away either, not unless it's proven that the mother/parents are a danger to the child.
Original post by CJKay
You'd think that, but remember these people don't really think ahead, hence why they, y'know, got pregnant in the first place.

well maybe it would inspire more safety in terms of sex in our culture, and a further readiness to take every step of responsibility to prevent pregnancy
Jail sentences for the people involved would make them think twice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending