The Student Room Group

Loughborough University vs Queen Mary...

Poll

Loughborough or Queen Mary?

(edited 9 years ago)
Lboro
Loughborough's known for Sports/Engineering/Business so I'm not sure about the reputation of their English courses.

I'm pretty sure Queen Mary would have an edge with their degree in English, although I may be mistaken.
Original post by Zenomorph
Lboro

Hey,
What makes you say this? :smile:
Original post by peanutbuttercup
Hey,
What makes you say this? :smile:

To me the trajectory of QMC is down whilst Lboro and its sister universities are on the up.
To me the trajectory of QMC is down whilst Lboro and its sister universities are on the up.

Loughborough heads for the Russell Group, right?
Original post by GrahamRodney
Loughborough heads for the Russell Group, right?

Maybe, maybe not. Anyway What's so great about the RG these days ?
Reply 7
A bonus for Loughborough is that it has a lot more extracurricular activities to offer and at a MUCH higher standard than QMUL. Extracurricular activities are important to be involved in because it shows employers many skills such as teamwork, leadership, time management and communication. Deloitte for example has stated that graduates who played sports at University will start at a higher salary than those that don't, here is the link to read more - http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/news/news-releases/cd076fd5067c1410VgnVCM3000003456f70aRCRD.htm

Here is the link for the BUCS league tables so you can compare the two universities - http://www.bucs.org.uk/bucscore/BUCSPoints.aspx
Maybe, maybe not. Anyway What's so great about the RG these days ?

Better ask those members of the 1994 Group who have left in the hope of joining the Russell group :smile:
I may be able to apply directly to L'boro (not through UCAS) but I am still thinking about which to go for. Hardest decision I have ever had to make!!
You might like to have a look at www.unistats.ac.uk as you can find all the employability stats there :smile:
Original post by Origami Bullets
You might like to have a look at www.unistats.ac.uk as you can find all the employability stats there :smile:

Thank you!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
bump
Original post by GrahamRodney
Better ask those members of the 1994 Group who have left in the hope of joining the Russell group :smile:

I think all who get to apply are admitted.

RG is not a quality based association so to speak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending