The Student Room Group

Which GCSE option are you least/most looking forward to? (amongst the ones you chose)

My options were: Economics, History and Media Studies

I'm least looking forward to: Media Studies

Reason: I know the least about Film-making and film-related things, actually I don't know anything apart from taking a video from my phone or something :I But thats all, so i'm nervous about Media Studies!

I'm most looking forward to: Economics

Reason: I know quite a lot about Economics and the syllabus based things already due to reading The Economist :P and pbunny's amazing notes <3 And i've revised hard for Economics, so i'm quite optimistic about it! Hope it goes as planned^

What about you guys? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adityac3688

Reason: I know the least about Film-making and film-related things, actually I don't know anything apart from taking a video from my phone or something :I But thats all, so i'm nervous about Media Studies!

Reason: I know quite a lot about Economics and the syllabus based things already due to reading The Economist :P and pbunny's amazing notes <3 And i've revised hard for Economics, so i'm quite optimistic about it! Hope it goes as planned^

Bumping this thread for you. I'm a bit old to play.

The one i least looked forward to was History but i actually found it really interesting.
It was tough and i "only" got an A in it but i enjoyed it in the end.
I took DA Science, PE, History, Further Maths and Spanish and then the compulsory English Language&Literature and Religion :smile:

Least looking forward to English Literature and Further Maths as last year in our Literature module I got a C even though I had been hitting As and Bs :frown: so hopefully the work will pay off :smile:
The paper 2 for maths was atrocious but I'm praying for low grade boundaries :frown:

Most looking forward to English Language because as it stands I have an A*, but I just want to see it on paper because I have never gotten that grade in English before! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Motorbiker
Bumping this thread for you. I'm a bit old to play.

The one i least looked forward to was History but i actually found it really interesting.
It was tough and i "only" got an A in it but i enjoyed it in the end.

Wow, I love History! I hope it isn't vv hard to get an A in it :/ Thanks for bumping :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by chrissy1579
I took DA Science, PE, History, Further Maths and Spanish and then the compulsory English Language&Literature and Religion :smile:

Least looking forward to English Literature and Further Maths as last year in our Literature module I got a C even though I had been hitting As and Bs :frown: so hopefully the work will pay off :smile:
The paper 2 for maths was atrocious but I'm praying for low grade boundaries :frown:

Most looking forward to English Language because as it stands I have an A*, but I just want to see it on paper because I have never gotten that grade in English before! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I'm really looking forward to English Lang as well :biggrin:, I have been getting consecutive A*'s in year 9 English Lang, hopefully I can continue that through till year 11
Haha, I'm really looking forward to English Lang as well :biggrin:, I have been getting consecutive A*'s in year 9 English Lang, hopefully I can continue that through till year 11

You most likely will then! :smile: I just want my results already, tired of waiting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

Hi and sorry I didn't see your thread! :biggrin:

My options- German, Geography, RS, Textiles, Language Leaders (not a GCSE) & Chinese (not sure when I'll do it though)

Most- Geography, German, Chinese

A little undecided- Textiles excited but still a little worried of course because it's a demanding subject.

Least- I don't really have one, I like everything that I've taken so hopefully that will motivate me even more! :smile:

Original post by Motorbiker
x

Also, hi Motorbiker! My speakers arrived on time and I'm sorry I didn't say anything before (I think the thread is closed... And I forgot :colondollar:).
Thank you again and they work really well! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by chrissy1579
You most likely will then! :smile: I just want my results already, tired of waiting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by karmacrunch
Hi and sorry I didn't see your thread! :biggrin:

My options- German, Geography, RS, Textiles, Language Leaders (not a GCSE) & Chinese (not sure when I'll do it though)

A little undecided- Textiles excited but still a little worried of course because it's a demanding subject.

Least- I don't really have one, I like everything that I've taken so hopefully that will motivate me even more! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah, I'm horrible at textiles :P When we were making a hoodie i sowed my two arms together and take more time taking them out than making the hoodie lol :P
Good Luck! :smile:

You too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography is for chumps.:tongue:
Hahah, I'm horrible at textiles :P When we were making a hoodie i sowed my two arms together and take more time taking them out than making the hoodie lol :P

Oh wow, haha! Did it work out in the end? One of my teachers told me about her mishaps in textiles! :tongue:

Hopefully I won't make too many mistakes in the course! I plan on asking about almost everything I'm unsure about. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Geography is for chumps.:tongue:

Omg, no you didn't... *gasps* :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg, no you didn't... *gasps* :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

You're mocking us geographers as well?! :zomg:

Can't. Find. Meme. To. Get. Back. At. You. Gah! :unimpressed:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by chaoticbutterfly

hahahahahahahaah

Hey, don't be nervous about Media studies. It's so easy at GCSE level. my attendance to Media lessons was less than 30%. I don't watch TV, or read newspapers, barely anything to do with Media. I still got an A. Chill out, GCSE is e-z-p-z. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I took Textiles, Business, German and History. I looked forward to all of them but by the end, hated Business. It's so not my thing.

I know this thread was basically for upandcoming year tens but yeah.
Just so you know you will get too your second year in college and every GCSE you have done besides your cores, maths, english and science will mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. Especially when you apply too a university. Aha but have fun choosing dudes.
Original post by BabyChow
Just so you know you will get too your second year in college and every GCSE you have done besides your cores, maths, english and science will mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. Especially when you apply too a university. Aha but have fun choosing dudes.

Yeah I know that :P, All that matters is the number of A*'s though, so your choices need to be wise since universities definitely look at them, and even though you get 45 in IB Oxford won't take you because you got no A*s or a small amount of it, so i personally think GCSEs matter quite a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest