The Student Room Group

Which GCSE option are you least/most looking forward to? (amongst the ones you chose)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strom
Who knows - Maybe I will see you in a lecture someday..? :iiam: :hoppy:

Edit: I just realised that probably isn't possible since we would be in different years... Maybe I will see you IRL someday is what I meant! :iiam: :hoppy:

Haha, yes hopefully! Either one maybe but it doesn't matter! :tongue: :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adityac3688
Yeah I know that :P, All that matters is the number of A*'s though, so your choices need to be wise since universities definitely look at them, and even though you get 45 in IB Oxford won't take you because you got no A*s or a small amount of it, so i personally think GCSEs matter quite a lot!

Obviously the matter for the more higher end universities but i'm speaking mid range league :smile:
Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes
Didn't notice this thread was here. Thought I may as well join in.

My options - Business, RE, Spanish, History

Most - Business - In the future I'm interested in a career within finance (corporate law or investment banking).

Least - I'm looking forward to most of them so I am undecided if which option is my least favourite.

Wow, there are so many people in our year doing business and like 15 people are doing econ :P
Original post by BabyChow
Obviously the matter for the more higher end universities but i'm speaking mid range league :smile:

Oh yeah, they hardly matter in the mid range league :P checked this random website of a uk uni (not russell group) and it requires at least all Bs lol
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Hey, don't be nervous about Media studies. It's so easy at GCSE level. my attendance to Media lessons was less than 30%. I don't watch TV, or read newspapers, barely anything to do with Media. I still got an A. Chill out, GCSE is e-z-p-z. :biggrin:

Oohhh, thanks a lot Lejend! :biggrin: Gave me a great amount of relief, you've got no idea!
Oohhh, thanks a lot Lejend! :biggrin: Gave me a great amount of relief, you've got no idea!

No problemmmm. :smile:
Original post by DaisyTwilight
Well I'm not looking forward to that then! How did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL
Original post by Mr...
I enjoy science :smile: specifically Biology do I think I can handle it!

I'm sure you'd be absolutely fine. What I didn't do this year & I now regret is keeping on top of all the factual content and processes e.g. by making revision cards because I'm having to do all of that now! :smile:
Least:
At the moment, it has to be ICT :grumble: I'm behind on the coursework and it's been bugging me unfortunately, I can't do work except in class time (controlled assessment conditions) If anyone's doing ICT, try not to fall behind!

Also, geography is kind of getting boring now :redface: I thought I'd like physical geography but I guess I don't.. it's getting better though, moving on to earthquakes and tectonic plates and stuff :biggrin: but then we have the dreaded coursework :emo:

Not sure about most, maybe health and social care, it's easy :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
All behind? :giggle:
I dodged a bullet then, I was considering ICT but I dropped it on account of the fact that I hated ICT at KS3 Level...

Don't be so immature :hand:
I meant fall behind, something's up with my keyboard again and thus I'm making a lot of spelling mistakes :tongue:
I think you made a good choice :yep: It's horrible and was compulsory :frown:
Original post by Mr...
Immature, me? Never! :wink:
What grade do you think you'll come out with? :curious:

Hmmm :rolleyes:
My pessimistic side says C, but I really don't want anything lower than a B so I'm aiming for higher, my target is B so I'll try and achieve that or higher.. and if my teacher sticks to his word (he said he was going to help us individually to improve our coursework) then maybe an A (that's me being optimistic though :teehee:) It could be lower than a C, but I don't wanna think about that :redface:
Original post by Black Rose
Least:
At the moment, it has to be ICT :grumble: I'm behind on the coursework and it's been bugging me unfortunately, I can't do work except in class time (controlled assessment conditions) If anyone's doing ICT, try not to fall behind!

Also, geography is kind of getting boring now :redface: I thought I'd like physical geography but I guess I don't.. it's getting better though, moving on to earthquakes and tectonic plates and stuff :biggrin: but then we have the dreaded coursework :emo:

Not sure about most, maybe health and social care, it's easy :tongue:

Hahaha I used to hate ICT so much before, now I started an after-school club on ICT and Computing :P, We cant do ICT/computer science until IB, soooo many people dislike geography now :P
Original post by Mr...
Best of Luck with you ICT endeavour...
I just realised that you have gone TSR pro...

Thanks. Just? I've been a sub for months :tongue:
Original post by Mr...
I am very slow... :facepalm:
Do you find it helpful? :wink:

Helpful? We have this secret subs thing which is very nice :yep: I can also see who reps me and can change avatar size and username colour :yep:
Original post by Mr...
See what I did just now... :grumble:

I did :colone: Thanks for the rep :tongue:

If by helpful you meant like extra resources for study and stuff then I haven't really looked into that :nah:
Hahaha I used to hate ICT so much before, now I started an after-school club on ICT and Computing :P, We cant do ICT/computer science until IB, soooo many people dislike geography now :P

I think I may have actually like ICT and computer stuff if it wasn't for ICT at school :redface: Why do they dislike geog?
Original post by Black Rose
I think I may have actually like ICT and computer stuff if it wasn't for ICT at school :redface: Why do they dislike geog?

Ik, ppl say its boring and there expectations were much higher, but then many of the year 10s too geog for the fieldtrips :P Id never want to learn ICT if i was taugh ict at school, I wouldn't learn anything since we have 1 ict teacher who is v boring :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm least looking forward to: Media Studies

I did Media Studies last year, and got an A. Surprisingly, we did barely anything about film. The main part of the coursework was designing a CD cover and inserts for a band we had to create. The exam was about an episode of Downton Abbey (eugh).

I honestly thought I'd hate it, but I got the highest grade in the class despite being the worst behaved (I've matured a lot since then).

Personally, my worst GCSE was R.E., as I saw it as my overly-Christian teacher ramming his opinions and beliefs down my throat. I only went to the lesson a few times, "voiced" my opinions and didn't go back.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most looking forward to: Chemistry or maybe Biology
least looking forward to: History, its just so drab. Should definetly have picked Politics.

Err, 5 days until I go back, don't want to go back :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Twerk and die
Most looking forward to: Chemistry or maybe Biology
least looking forward to: History, its just so drab. Should definetly have picked Politics.

Err, 5 days until I go back, don't want to go back :mad:

Nice you enjoy science :smile:, grade boundaries are apparently higher this year than last year but im pretty sure all you'll need for history is a good brain for memorizing (many dates!) and good essay writing skills. I wish we had politics in our school! I feel as if our school doesnt have anything :P

Quick Reply

Latest