The Student Room Group

Favourite and least favourite shops?

What shops do you love?
And which shops do you avoid like the plauge?
And why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Love: Game and Cex Exchange
Hate: Primark, because my parents ALWAYS go there and spend hours there
Reply 2
I hate Primark because it's always full of chavs when I go there with my mum.

It's funny because I would never wear primark clothes but they think they're nice clothes. Just shows they are used to rubbish. Having said that I bought a plain T shirt for Tennis from there but I purposely ripped it so I wouldn't have to wear it again. It didn't show off my physique because it was cut all wrong unlike the more expensive tighter fitting ones.

Call me a snob but I would not be seen dead in a pair of primark jeans. The lowest I go is Next for my jeans...

I shop at Next, H&M mostly for clothes and I think most people do. Well my friends do at least apart from a few overweight ones who don't care.

I love the shops with holistic medicines because they smell very nice like the body shop and other shops with 'natural' products.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Like River Island as it's the only place I can get jeans that fit me, and New Look.

Hate Topshop because I can never find anything in there I like. My brother bought me a £20 giftcard for there for my birthday (May) and it took me to January before I found anything to buy. And I hate Primark unless I go there at later shopping times when there's less people. I can't stand how messy and crowded it can get. It's why I never shop in sales either.
I love ASOS marketplace and Etsy for handmade/altered/one of a kind type of things.

I generally avoid Topshop and all other midrange high street places, purely because it's full of the same garbage and everyone seems to be sporting the exact same thing (you know, thinking they're grunge or whatever because they have an Iron Maiden top from Forever 21 :rolleyes:)...

Every now and then though, I do find a really nice item in Primark for an absolute steal. I have a love/hate relationship with the Primark in Marble Arch, it's always horrifically busy and you always get that **** who stops in the middle of the walkway to hold a pair of jeans against themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anywhere with a decent sale

Anywhere not with a decent sale
Favourites:
- Forbidden Planet (comics!)
- Waterstones
- WHSmith
- Sports Direct (I think the clothes they sell in there are so cool!)

I love books and comics and always visit shops that sell them whenever I can. :biggrin:

I usually avoid massive clothes shops (like the Primark in Wood Green) because they're often so crowded and noisy, and I usually end up with sensory overload from going in them. I only go and purchase stuff from them if my mum drags me in there.
Faves
H&M, Debenhams and New Look - love me some clothes don't I :laugh:
Waterstones because it's beauts
ASDA - free wifi
Costco because sometimes I get free tasters :yum:

Dislike
Matalan - clothes are ****
I love new look and dorothy perkins. I quite like primark as well.
I also love pound shops, home bargains and b+m bargains.

I hate superdrug. I can always find toiletries, perfume etc that i like in other places that are the same/better but loads cheaper
Reply 9
I love and hate River Island.

They're overpriced, but their shoes are very good, and they have decent jeans.

On the other hand, the Arndale RI's staff includes a stacked indian girl who poses sluttily and dances when it's slow.

So, like most things, it's a tradeoff.
Reply 10
Love: Anna summers

Hate: Home bargins
Love: New Look and M&S - only places I can get fitted jeans.
Hate: Top Shop
Original post by Emma:-)
What shops do you love?
And which shops do you avoid like the plauge?
And why?

I love GAME and hate ANY clothing shop you can name.

Why? Gaming shops are awesome and clothes shops are full of annoying females or stupid males
LOVE:
Fat Face - because its one of the only places I can get jeans/trousers to fit properly and they actually last a decent amount of time
Next and Dorothy Perkins - because its one of the only places I can get clothes to fit properly and they actually last a decent amount of time
Sports Direct - because they have decent sports clothing/equipment at a decent price
Home Bargains - because its got some good brands at decent prices
Clarks - only place I can get decent fitting shoes
WHSmiths - decent prices for books and decent stationary

HATE:
Primark - the clothes are rubbish and the place is always messy
TK Max - the place is disorganised
Yorkshire Trading Company - the items they sell are rubbish, they are overpriced and it's messy
Peacocks - clothes don't seem to last 5 minuets

LOVE AND HATE AT THE SAME TIME:
BonMarche - They have bigger sized Bras at decent prices (I hate everything else)
Love: New Look, Boots and Costa (I'm addicted to their poured over ice range :h:)

Hate: Top Shop

Primark is okay for somethings but not for others.
Original post by Joanna-Marie :)
LOVE:
Fat Face - because its one of the only places I can get jeans/trousers to fit properly and they actually last a decent amount of time
Next and Dorothy Perkins - because its one of the only places I can get clothes to fit properly and they actually last a decent amount of time
Sports Direct - because they have decent sports clothing/equipment at a decent price
Home Bargains - because its got some good brands at decent prices
Clarks - only place I can get decent fitting shoes
WHSmiths - decent prices for books and decent stationary

HATE:
Primark - the clothes are rubbish and the place is always messy
TK Max - the place is disorganised
Yorkshire Trading Company - the items they sell are rubbish, they are overpriced and it's messy
Peacocks - clothes don't seem to last 5 minuets

LOVE AND HATE AT THE SAME TIME:
BonMarche - They have bigger sized Bras at decent prices (I hate everything else)

The prices of the stationary there isnt decent. Its really expensive. Theres loads of places where you can get decent stationary for much cheaper.
Original post by Emma:-)
The prices of the stationary there isnt decent. Its really expensive. Theres loads of places where you can get decent stationary for much cheaper.

Wilkinsons :giggle:
Original post by Mav455
Love: Game and Cex Exchange
Hate: Primark, because my parents ALWAYS go there and spend hours there

Isn't game really overpriced?
Love h&m and ASDA
Hate lidl as it is soo quiet you worry someone is going to attack you:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D.Wright
Wilkinsons :giggle:

Rhymans after wilkinsons. As they have 400 page ruled notepads for 1 pound.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending