The Student Room Group

How important is Genghis Khan in history?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheSoulWithin
How did they almost destroy Islam? :curious:

It was a grim time in Islamic history.

Funnily enough though, they eventually ended up embracing Islam after.

In fact, Gengkhis's grandson embraced Islam and ended up fighting against Hulagu (the Mongol who attacked Baghdad).
Reply 21
Original post by ageshallnot
I wonder what it will be called when you get to university????

Yes, and can appreciate the desire to study something 'a bit different'. History A-level is a bit odd to my way of thinking.

Lol I'm not doing History at uni, so it doesn't really concern me. I do love British history, it's interesting, especially since the topic we did was all to do with politics (impact of new liberalism). European history is great too, but as you said it's nice to have a change, since everyone seems to study similar topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Genghis Khan's legacy is very relevent to Asian history, his armies had killed millions, razed cities, occupied others, built an empire and destroyed many, and from the Mongol Empire came the Timurid Empire and the Mughal Empire after (they are decendents of Genghis Khan's family).
Reply 23
Original post by Ornlu
Genghis Khan's legacy is very relevent to Asian history, his armies had killed millions, razed cities, occupied others, built an empire and destroyed many, and from the Mongol Empire came the Timurid Empire and the Mughal Empire after (they are decendents of Genghis Khan's family).

Who would you say is crazier, Genghis or Timur?
Far more important than is usually associated.

Pretty much the entire histiographical, geographical and border makeup of the world east of Poland/East of Egypt - is the product of Mongolized diasporic peoples establishing khanates, and ergo other endemic peoples rising up from the ashes of Mongol supremacy.
Original post by TheSoulWithin
Hey,

What do you think?

If there was no Russia, they could reach Europe and there would be no Europe by now.
I think it was important as it was only through him that inventions in China were spread to Europe. A China controlled by the Chinese may not have been as friendly to letting state secrets spread as a Mongol controlled China.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending