The Student Room Group

Preparation for accounting and finance

Hey people! I've been accepted by both Exeter University and Nottingham university to study accounting and finance. Provided I get the grades, I should be headed to Exeter in September, as that is my firm choice.
I generally like being aware of the financial trends occuring worldwide, and in order to stay informed, I keep a close tab on news headlines, as well as reading the economist on a weekly basis. My area of interest, in particular is the emerging markets, as I am originally from Nigeria.
I'm just wondering what further preparation I need to take as a prospective undergraduate. Also, if any of you are familiar with the course, I would really appreciate if you could give me an insight into whether or not it is fascinating? Thank you :smile:
Original post by sordor7y7
Hey people! I've been accepted by both Exeter University and Nottingham university to study accounting and finance. Provided I get the grades, I should be headed to Exeter in September, as that is my firm choice.
I generally like being aware of the financial trends occuring worldwide, and in order to stay informed, I keep a close tab on news headlines, as well as reading the economist on a weekly basis. My area of interest, in particular is the emerging markets, as I am originally from Nigeria.
I'm just wondering what further preparation I need to take as a prospective undergraduate. Also, if any of you are familiar with the course, I would really appreciate if you could give me an insight into whether or not it is fascinating? Thank you :smile:

bumping this thread for you. :smile:

I did chemistry not finance but just reading around the subject will help.

Do you have a reading list yet?

Getting a head start on that could be a giant help. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending