The Student Room Group

I, uh, need some help

So recently something wierd keeps happening
So i have to wear a retainer, but its starting to scare me
Why?
Its 100% in before i go to sleep, and when i wake up
Its gone!
Its disappeared! And reappears on my bedroom floor
Im scared im going to choke on it, even though its secured really tightly!
If i dont wear it, i dont get a brace, what do i do?
Original post by Carterj09
So recently something wierd keeps happening
So i have to wear a retainer, but its starting to scare me
Why?
Its 100% in before i go to sleep, and when i wake up
Its gone!
Its disappeared! And reappears on my bedroom floor
Im scared im going to choke on it, even though its secured really tightly!
If i dont wear it, i dont get a brace, what do i do?

If it really is securely tight, then how on earth does it fall off? I mean the only way for it to do that would be if you or someone pulled it off.
But if it is as you say it is, then go back to the orthodontist and request one that doesn't fall off.
This is some paranormal activity right here.
Reply 3
Original post by eggfriedrice
If it really is securely tight, then how on earth does it fall off? I mean the only way for it to do that would be if you or someone pulled it off.
But if it is as you say it is, then go back to the orthodontist and request one that doesn't fall off.

Im going back on september 29th :/ my teeth are screwed (really wonky) so i have to wear this first

I literrally swear down its tight as possible, really secure, and i wake up and its not in my mouth
you're probably waking up in the middle of the night and pulling it off, but awake for so little time you don't remember it. Try to put it on as comfortably as possible? so that you don't feel the need to pull it off during the night. My friend had the same thing happen to her several times, she kinda has to live with it but maybe the issue is it's too tight and uncomfortable?
Original post by MrDystopia

Lmao! Exactly what I thought!Sorry to let ya know but your room is cursed bbz.
Reply 6
Original post by marm-alade
you're probably waking up in the middle of the night and pulling it off, but awake for so little time you don't remember it. Try to put it on as comfortably as possible? so that you don't feel the need to pull it off during the night. My friend had the same thing happen to her several times, she kinda has to live with it but maybe the issue is it's too tight and uncomfortable?

might be, but i usually wake up at someone breathing at the bottom of my rooms flight of stairs
Reply 7
Original post by MrDystopia

It might have something to do with that failed exorcism last year
Original post by Carterj09
might be, but i usually wake up at someone breathing at the bottom of my rooms flight of stairs

what, in the middle of the night? could be night terrors, when you're half-asleep (so aware and conscious) but still dreaming. I get this most nights where I hear running up and down above me in the attic (the roof is WAY too low for someone to run like that) plus I've had extreme night terrors on a fever- they can seem really real, but they're normally an explanation.
Unless there's someone who is particularly interested in coming into your room and taking out your retainer. You know, each to their own.
Reply 9
Original post by marm-alade
what, in the middle of the night? could be night terrors, when you're half-asleep (so aware and conscious) but still dreaming. I get this most nights where I hear running up and down above me in the attic (the roof is WAY too low for someone to run like that) plus I've had extreme night terrors on a fever- they can seem really real, but they're normally an explanation.
Unless there's someone who is particularly interested in coming into your room and taking out your retainer. You know, each to their own.

Nah when i try going to sleep during the day, cos you know, night time sleeping is too mainstream
Im in the attic as well, could be the altitude

Quick Reply

Latest