The Student Room Group

I don't think I can cope anymore

Over my GCSEs, my step mum and my dad divorced. My step mum had sole custody of my three younger half siblings, who were at the time 5 yrs, 3 yrs and 6 months, I was very close to all of them, including my step mum.
My stepmum ad becoming nastier and nastier over time, and over my ASs she moved them to Germany and won't let me, my other younger sister, who is three years younger than me, or my dad see them. There are court orders stopping her but she is ignoring them. She is much richer than my dad, but her family is very unstable and i worry about what the kids think when they see their behaviour (lots of yelling, drinking, fights etc..)
This summer she's moved agian, to America. She won't let the kids skype my dad and barely me. My dad doesn't know what to do, and neither do i.
I can't confide in my mum. When i was younger she had an alcohol problem and she can still be a bit controlling and she absolutley hates my dad. I love her, but she always makes me feel worse when i talk to her. My dad isn't a particulary good person, but he is an excellent parent. Never drinks or raises his voice in front of kids.
Schools starting school, and last year the stress of it all made me have multiple panic attacks and i havent had a period in over a year. I had an 8 week councilling session under docters reccommendation, but that took a full 7 months to get. I don't know if i'm going to cope this year.
Reply 1
I had some vaguely similar problems during my GCSE's and AS's But now doing my A2's and honestly i reckon if you want to cope you can even if it means you have to take up some new physical sport for example i play rugby a lot varying from union to sevens and i find that really helps me to cope i havent a clue if that will help you but in the end of the day if you desperately need someone to talk to then i check the student room regularly and am always happy to have a chat or whatever :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by ejwvs
I had some vaguely similar problems during my GCSE's and AS's But now doing my A2's and honestly i reckon if you want to cope you can even if it means you have to take up some new physical sport for example i play rugby a lot varying from union to sevens and i find that really helps me to cope i havent a clue if that will help you but in the end of the day if you desperately need someone to talk to then i check the student room regularly and am always happy to have a chat or whatever :wink:

I think its a shame exams can put so much pressure on kids. I'm in my A2s now as well, I got through last year by shear endurance and I'm stronger for it, but I won't let myself be put into that situation agian by anybody.

Thank you very much :smile: , I did actually take up sport and you are right, it really helps. Im so much happier this year and I've joined a group which helps people in a similair situation in my school, started by another girl in my year who I became close friends with.
I think how you respond to situations can really affect how they impact you.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I think its a shame exams can put so much pressure on kids. I'm in my A2s now as well, I got through last year by shear endurance and I'm stronger for it, but I won't let myself be put into that situation agian by anybody.

Thank you very much :smile: , I did actually take up sport and you are right, it really helps. Im so much happier this year and I've joined a group which helps people in a similair situation in my school, started by another girl in my year who I became close friends with.
I think how you respond to situations can really affect how they impact you.

i think you are absolutely right there the sport though is what the biggest difference for me if i'm being honest :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest