The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Enrollment + Examination Fee? Plus a look at my expenses list...

Reading University Fees 2006/2007

• Tuition ---------------------------------- 3,000 pounds
• Enrollment + Examination Fee -------
• Accommodation ------------------------ 3,750 pounds
• First Week's Accommodation ------- 175 pounds
• Body Active Membership ------------ 110 pounds
• St Pat's Hall Fee ----------------------- 50 pounds
• Washing Clothes (30 weeks) --------- 85 pounds
• Books ------------------------------------ 200 pounds
• Reading Health/Sports Centre Fee -- 30 pounds
• Transportation (whole year) ---------- 300 pounds
• Food on Weekends (30 weeks) ------ 300 pounds
• Fun, Entertainment, Travel ------------ 300 pounds
• Extra Items (shirts, O2, pillow, etc) --- 100 pounds

Total: 8,400 pounds (13,020 euros)

This is my list of expenses, I'm only missing one last thing and that's the enrollment + examination fee that they add on to the tuition fee. Does anybody know how much this fee is? Any former or current students out there that could help me out? I would email the uni except they are closed until Tuesday.

Also, if any of you know of a fee that I haven't taken into consideration, please, let me know.

Thanks.
isnt it scary how much money we need 2 go 2 uni?!
but then it is sposed 2 b 'the best time of ur life', right? :smile:
xXx
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Sorry i cant remember what enrollment/exam fees were last year but i will warn you to expect to pay far more than you think on fun/entertainement/travel....
Reply 3
****ing hell. As if £3000 a year wasnt enough, they still charge enrollment fees? bloody joke.
Reply 4
your forgeting the all important beer fees!
Reply 5
Im not aware of any student that has to pay enrolment or exam fees, its not something which is seperately charged.

Also, I would budget more than £10 a week for entertainments (although it can be done) I must have spent about £200 in Freshers Week alone...

dave x
Reply 6
davelewis
Im not aware of any student that has to pay enrolment or exam fees, its not something which is seperately charged.

Also, I would budget more than £10 a week for entertainments (although it can be done) I must have spent about £200 in Freshers Week alone...

dave x

I don't see why that shouldn't be enough. I mean there must be activities going on that do not cost anything, right? This should seem reasonable for someone who:

1. Doesn't drink
2. Doesn't smoke
3. Will not go clubbin' all the time

I'd rather go play sports throughout the night. :biggrin:

With 10-15 pounds per week on JUST entertainment, that should be enough to go hit a movie at the cinema and even a club sometime during the week.
Reply 7
I can see freshers week destroying me financially.

Who wants to buy the first round :p:
Pandy
I can see freshers week destroying me financially.

Same with me but I will limit myself somehow. Somehow...

Just don't freak out about the expenses, seriously, otherwise you'll just get ill or something.
Christ. It's scary how much everything costs... However, as I don't drink, I'm not too concerned about Fresher's week...
Reply 10
crushedfruit
Just don't freak out about the expenses, seriously, otherwise you'll just get ill or something.

Oh aye, that's the problem - I don't care about them till I'm actually broke. Till then, I'll spend silly ammounts happily :p:
If only I had that mentality. I'm seriously starting to freak out.
Reply 12
crushedfruit
If only I had that mentality. I'm seriously starting to freak out.

Seriously, relax. :biggrin:

It'll be fine. I find keeping money in the bank as opposed to cash helps a lot - usually I can't be bothered going to the cashpoint/using my card for silly things like lots of booze or something.
Reply 13
The university has confirmed me that this year there wont be any sports or health fees... so discount that of your bill :smile: Whats the body active membership? and the second fee for accommodation (st.pats hall fee)? I don't know how the club and drinks prizes are in reading... how much can the entrance cost? and a bottle of beer or a malibu with pineapple??
Reply 14
slamj88
The university has confirmed me that this year there wont be any sports or health fees... so discount that of your bill :smile: Whats the body active membership? and the second fee for accommodation (st.pats hall fee)? I don't know how the club and drinks prizes are in reading... how much can the entrance cost? and a bottle of beer or a malibu with pineapple??

Great, thanks for that bit of good news.

The body active membership is a membership allowing you to use the fitness studio along with all the other sports facilities without having to pay each time you want to use them.

The second accommodation charges I listed are the charges we will have to pay for accommodation during freshers' week, since that week is not included in the 30 week residency charges for catered accommodation. St. Pat's will cost around £21 per night for the first week, so that's where that came from.

Can't help you with the other questions though. Peace out playa....
Reply 15
If you go out during the week (Mon - Thurs), most clubs especially will be serving drinks for £1.50 each, £2 for double vodka redbull. This includes places like Fez, Po-Na-Na, Brannigans, Risa etc...

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending