The Student Room Group

Do you want to know why its so hard to get on to a Midwifery degree programme? AMA

-AMA
-AMA
-AMA

I just finished my access to Midwifery course and unfortunately I didn't get past the interview/selection process..
Why do you want to be a midwife?
Reply 2
Original post by Random254
Why do you want to be a midwife?

I wanted to, not any more...
Reply 3
why is it do hard to get onto a midwifery degree program?
I believe now don't quote me on this, this is only something I've heard and I'm not entirely sure that its true.
I've heard that universities, for health care courses such as midwifery only have a specific number of spaces on their courses (i.e. 15 people can be accepted onto the course) depending on the number of jobs that are available per year for that profession. The NHS have been suffering major cut backs in the past couple of years and unfortunately for the OP this includes midwives, which means that there are not so many jobs available for midwifery and therefore a limited number of spaces. So OP, do not take it to heart, the fact that you got to interview is a huge achievement considering the lack of spaces on the course. Do you have any idea, what course you want to go on instead? :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah I heard this , like theres quite a lot of adult nursing shortages so theres loads of adult nursing places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes i really want to know

Quick Reply

Latest