The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Question about rent in halls?

I got a halls offer email the other day and was reading through the terms, and it specifies that rent be payed in two large lump sums in September and January.
I was thinking that this will be a probably be a problem- since student finance loans go through in three sections, those rent payments will take such a lump out of them that it'll leave a few hundred to live on in the 3 months between payments.
I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else had thought/asked about it- do they offer alternative payment plans I'm not aware or do you just have to suck it up and find a job first thing?

The other thing I wondered about is that student finance goes through on Sep 29th but the first rent installment is due on the 22nd. I assume the uni must know about this and make that allowance, or do you think it's worth contacting them directly, to be on the safe side?
The Uni knows about this and they say you can phone up to arrange to pay the 1st instalment on the 29th Sep and that you can get the 2nd of the large lumps split, so you can pay that in two parts, presumably when you get the April student finance payment. :smile:
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by abi_l_w
The Uni knows about this and they say you can phone up to arrange to pay the 1st instalment on the 29th Sep and that you can get the 2nd of the large lumps split, so you can pay that in two parts, presumably when you get the April student finance payment. :smile:

Oof that's a relief, thanks :smile: I'll give them a ring once my place is confirmed and sort it all out. Seems like it would make more sense to have a 3 piece payment as default, but y'know. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest