The Student Room Group

AS Results Day FAQ & Advice Thread: What's next? - 14 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by loperdoper
That's fair, in my very early uni searches I immediately discounted AAA and higher that don't give contextual offers.

Yes, in that case if you resit your worst exam, get a slightly higher C, and then aim for high B's in A2, you should be on track to get a B overall (although saying that, even if you have roughly 65% this year, you'd only need a middling B to scrape a B overall. But obviously it'd be nicer to be a bit more secure in the B)

I did OCR for both the sciences, and OCR MEI for maths, so there's just no escaping OCR. At least it made getting all the exam papers saved offline easier, because I was always on the same website. I could've got a reasonable C in physics, but then the second exam happened. Ugh, I gave up half way through the exam and was barely trying by the end.

My dream course is Biology and Film Studies, which I can do at Bath Spa. The rest of my options are all for Genetics though, which I love just as much.

I started my research during Year 11, because I was trying to see what A levels to do. I am just tired of researching. And I am tired of UCAS already and I haven't even finished my application. My head of Sixth form my us write personal statements "in case she drops dead over the summer" <-- that's a direct quote. But yeah, I excluded AAA because I think that's too high, and I would probably be rejected.

I think I might re-sit both since they were about the same, close to a C for both. 2 UMS marks away for 1st exam and 5 UMS marks away for 2nd. It depends how I'll feel about A2, since I am dumping physics and that took up a lot of my time.
I did better in my 2nd Physics exam surprisingly. OCR was ****ing high on something when they wrote those papers. When I opened my 1st paper I thought it was wrong, since it had a picture from my biology textbook in it :angry:. I hated both exams, I was evaluating my life choices throughout them.

I couldn't really choose a favorite, so I want to do a broader science degree. I really want a year in industry but abroad and some universities do that. Ugh, life choices.
AS Results

Math B 226/300
A in C1 and C2
D in S1 (retaking)

Chemistry C 194/300
D in Unit 1 (retaking)
C in Unit 2
A in coursework

Spanish C 130/200
B in speaking
C in listening reading and writing

Physics C 208/300
C in Unit 1
B in Unit 2
C in coursework

Are those grades good enough to apply for engineering? Aim is uni with requirement of ABB.
Hey everyone,

I am about to go into year 13 and need to drop one subject.
I got 2 a's and a b in geograhpy and a c in German. On the sheet I got 137/200 am I correct in thinking that 140 is a B in AS levels? please help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest