The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accommodation HELP

HELP I want to change my preferences because of the now ridiculous prices, will this affect my application? When do we find out, do I have time to do this?? THANKS
Reply 1
Original post by Book_club
HELP I want to change my preferences because of the now ridiculous prices, will this affect my application? When do we find out, do I have time to do this?? THANKS

Nope you can change you preferences up until you're given an offer I think. I read it somewhere on the King's website. Also they recently sent out emails about champion hill and ewan henderson court, encouraging people to change their preferences. I've changed mine around because of the prices too. Undergraduate students don't receive offers for accomodation until after you receive and unconditional offer on results day.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by orwell123
Nope you can change you preferences up until you're given an offer I think. I read it somewhere on the King's website. Also they recently sent out emails about champion hill and ewan henderson court, encouraging people to change their preferences. I've changed mine around because of the prices too. Undergraduate students don't receive offers for accomodation until after you receive and unconditional offer on results day.

Oh thank god for that! What's your top choice?
Reply 3
Oh thank god for that! What's your top choice?

Hampstead is my top choice, but it seems to be quite popular because it's the cheapest so I'm not expecting it. I wouldn't mind going to any of the halls, apart from Moonraker because it's waaaay too expensive for me.

What's yours?
Reply 4
I was wondering... can I apply for another King's residence after I have received an offer at Stamford Street?
Reply 5
Original post by orwell123
Hampstead is my top choice, but it seems to be quite popular because it's the cheapest so I'm not expecting it. I wouldn't mind going to any of the halls, apart from Moonraker because it's waaaay too expensive for me.

What's yours?

Stamford Street, but I wouldnt mind julian markham either :smile: Yeah moon raker and GDSA just went wayyy out of my budget. What course are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by DGSS
I was wondering... can I apply for another King's residence after I have received an offer at Stamford Street?

Not sure, have you already received an offer??

ALSO: If I dont get SSA then I'll be willing to swap :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Stamford Street, but I wouldnt mind julian markham either :smile: Yeah moon raker and GDSA just went wayyy out of my budget. What course are you doing?

I'm doing English Language and Literature at the strand hopefully :smile: what are you doing?
Reply 8
Not sure, have you already received an offer??

ALSO: If I dont get SSA then I'll be willing to swap :smile:

Yup I have already received an offer one week back. But I sorta changed my mind and I want a studio. Dont know how to apply for it in King's residences when I have an SSA offer already...
Reply 9
Original post by DGSS
Yup I have already received an offer one week back. But I sorta changed my mind and I want a studio. Dont know how to apply for it in King's residences when I have an SSA offer already...

Hmm I'm not sure either :/ I think if you've been allocated a place then you just have to swap it if someone else has a studio they dont want... are you post graduate?
Reply 10
So to confirm, if we change preferences before Aug 14th will we still be given first priority like we were if we got our first list of choices in before June 31st?

I got that email about Champion Hill and Ewen Henderson as well and it actually kinda worries me as I put Ewen Henderson as my 3rd choice which makes me think they'll put me there if not many people have applied for it, when the only place I really want to go is Hampstead (which I put as my first choice) I'm starting to wonder now if it's better to put the oversubscribed accommodation (Great Dover St, Stamford etc) higher up as it's unlikely I'd get into them if they weren't my first choice, thus increasing my chances of getting into Hampstead. Although, would that be a bit risky considering I don't really want to go to Stamford and GDS is too expensive? I REALLY want to go to Hampstead :tongue:
Reply 11
Hmm I'm not sure either :/ I think if you've been allocated a place then you just have to swap it if someone else has a studio they dont want... are you post graduate?
Yup postgraduate..
I have a large single room at Nutford house, looks lovely but I was hoping for non-catered accommodation! I am based at the Strand campus so anyone who has Moonraker or SSA would be great!!!
Reply 13
Need accommodation swap from ensuite at Champion Hill to near guys campus? Can anyone help??
I have a large single room at Nutford house, looks lovely but I was hoping for non-catered accommodation! I am based at the Strand campus so anyone who has Moonraker or SSA would be great!!!

Quick Reply

Latest