The Student Room Group

GCSE Exam Revision!!!

Next year I've got 6 exams for science and I am really worried that I cannot revise properly. I would appreciate some help and tips on how to revise and if you study Triple Science at GCSE, what resources are good for science revision. Good Luck to all on results day this year and the next.
Original post by Moonie Pie
Next year I've got 6 exams for science and I am really worried that I cannot revise properly. I would appreciate some help and tips on how to revise and if you study Triple Science at GCSE, what resources are good for science revision. Good Luck to all on results day this year and the next.

I did edexcel, but im assuming you did AQA, I've heard that 'my gcse science' is a good one to use: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/

TBH it's difficult as everyone revises differently. Having just done Triple Science, the best advice I can give for you is start revising the early units ASAP. You have a lot to revise for those exams, it can get tough, but if you start early it does make it easier.

I'm not gonna lie, it can get difficult to be one of the first revising--Don't worry, it'll be worth it when everyone's trying to revise all the content in the 'pre-exam rush' and is struggling to find the time.

Hope this helps, either way Good luck with everything :biggrin:
You can never do enough past papers for revision.
I have 9 science exams :redface: Use mygcsescience? It's really good :yep: I'm on edexcel but still use it..

Original post by Angelo12231
I did edexcel, but im assuming you did AQA, I've heard that 'my gcse science' is a good one to use: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/
It is good :yep: Especially when your teacher can't teach properly :colonhash:
Reply 5
Original post by Black Rose
I have 9 science exams :redface: Use mygcsescience? It's really good :yep: I'm on edexcel but still use it..

Thanks, it seems pretty good but I'm not interested in paying £30 for P2, B2 and C2 videos, if you know what I mean. But it's pretty good and I know the feeling cause one of my teachers is on maternity leave and the other cant teach AT ALL!! D:

Thanks to all, do you have any memory techniques? It's 18 sections to remember!:eek:

Preach :colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
Thanks, it seems pretty good but I'm not interested in paying £30 for P2, B2 and C2 videos, if you know what I mean. But it's pretty good and I know the feeling cause one of my teachers is on maternity leave and the other cant teach AT ALL!! D:

Thanks to all, do you have any memory techniques? It's 18 sections to remember!:eek:

I think if you go on youtube and look at his playlists, then you can use the videos for free..

Not really, I find that flashcards help me :yep: my sister gave me some for B1 but theres LOADS of them so it might not be for everyone. CGP guides also help me, the revision guide school gave is pretty crap so I've used cgp along with many other students in my class :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)

You don't have to pay! Just go on the YouTube channel or website and all the videos for each unit are there for free :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I think if you go on youtube and look at his playlistsbtherenyou can use the videos for free..

Not really, I find that flashcards help me :yep: my sister gave me some for B1 but theres LOADS of them so it might not be for everyone. CGP guides also help me, the revision guide school gave is pretty crap so I've used cgp along with many other students in my class :redface:

Okay, thanks could you send me the link? Yeah I've tried using flashcards but they take way too long and I don't find them too useful but thanks for the idea.

Does anyone know any memory techniques because I've heard there is a way of remembering something very well in four layers or something?:redface:
Okay, thanks could you send me the link? Yeah I've tried using flashcards but they take way too long and I don't find them too useful but thanks for the idea.

Does anyone know any memory techniques because I've heard there is a way of remembering something very well in four layers or something?:redface:

Sure

I think I know someone who may be able to help you with that :smile:
Arithmeticae
x
You've used memory techniques and stuff, right? Could you help OP out?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest