The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Worried!

I live 40 miles from Chester... how likely is it that I will get accomodatio? :smile: (apologies for the missig letters my keypads a bit ****ed) scared i'll have left it too late to get private sector accomodatio if I wait till rooms are assiged :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by bethy143
I live 40 miles from Chester... how likely is it that I will get accomodatio? :smile: (apologies for the missig letters my keypads a bit ****ed) scared i'll have left it too late to get private sector accomodatio if I wait till rooms are assiged :frown:

The alternative is that you end up paying a retainer fee and a deposit. I cannot emphasise this enough-do not worry. The university will get in touch with you giving you plenty of wanring to find alternative housing if you need to.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by bethy143

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

We do take into account geographical location, so places are
allocated to those who live the furthest from the University in line with the allocation policy . However, don't worry as we'll be updating students that have applied in the next week with regards allocations - so you'll have plenty of time to consider your options. For those students that we can't allocate accommodation to in the first instance, firstly, don’t panic there will be other students in the same situation as you. You will receive a web link providing the contact details of private sector landlords within the area who are advertising student properties. All the properties on Student Pad http://www.chesterstudentstamp.co.uk/Accommodation have been accredited or Student Stamped by Cheshire West and Chester Council and are close to the University.

Thanks,
Sophie.
Accommodation Office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending