The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Warrington Campus - Living Out

Anybody else planning on travelling and not staying in halls?
Coming from the Wirral about 45 minutes away, not sure what to do during freshers week and how to get to the campus as I will be getting the train.

Does anybody know anything about some sort of shuttle service from Chester to Warrington? would be good if there was one!

Kie
Reply 1
Hi! Yes, there is a minibus that runs between the 2 campuses (which is free and provided by the university). They go from Small Hall on the Chester campus and drop of at Warrington Campus reception and need to be booked in advance by contacting Warrington reception and it runs regularly throughout the day :smile:

About fresher's, the best thing would be to probably get the train to/from Birchwood station and either walk (15-20minutes) or get a taxi to/from campus which is around £4 :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Thank you! Exactly the information I needed! Is there usually many people around on freshers time that are also living out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimsss_x
Hi! Yes, there is a minibus that runs between the 2 campuses (which is free and provided by the university). They go from Small Hall on the Chester campus and drop of at Warrington Campus reception and need to be booked in advance by contacting Warrington reception and it runs regularly throughout the day :smile:

About fresher's, the best thing would be to probably get the train to/from Birchwood station and either walk (15-20minutes) or get a taxi to/from campus which is around £4 :smile:

Even though I am just based at the Chester campus I could still use the shuttle bus to Warrington?? I have family near Widnes and thought it was probably easier to get the bus from Warrington for a visit!?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KatherineSadler
Even though I am just based at the Chester campus I could still use the shuttle bus to Warrington?? I have family near Widnes and thought it was probably easier to get the bus from Warrington for a visit!?

Hi, yes anyone can book a place on the minibus between Chester and Warrington Campus. You can book a place at reception.
Original post by University of Chester
Hi, yes anyone can book a place on the minibus between Chester and Warrington Campus. You can book a place at reception.

Can you ring and book or do you have to do it when you arrive?
Original post by KieranWoolley
Can you ring and book or do you have to do it when you arrive?

You can ring and book. There's more information on our intranet site Portal http://ganymede.chester.ac.uk/index.php?page_id=216920&group=6 Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by University of Chester
You can ring and book. There's more information on our intranet site Portal http://ganymede.chester.ac.uk/index.php?page_id=216920&group=6 Hope that helps :smile:

Great news. Thank you Chester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending