The Student Room Group

Most a*s at a level

Does anyone know the highest amount of a*'s an student in England has ever received. Thank you, much love.:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

There was a story a while back about a guy who got 7. There are probably some with more, though.
I can remember reading in the paper that someone in my year (last year's A2s) got 7 A*s. As PythianLegume says, there are probably people with more - particularly if they took more than 2 years to do them...

I think there was also some crazy person with more than 20 A levels - but I don't think they were all A*s or taken in just two years...
One of my maths teachers got 9 A*s in A Level, most close to 100%!
Reply 4
Original post by ExMus

Yikes. Do you go to a private or something. Mine barely passed their gcses.:wink:
Original post by joecaverly
Yikes. Do you go to a private or something. Mine barely passed their gcses.:wink:

I don't go to a private school haha. Not even close :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by ExMus
I don't go to a private school haha. Not even close :tongue:

Hmm. I definitely wouldn't pick teacher I'd I got those kind of grades lol. What are you doing now, a levels?
Original post by ExMus

Are they a ridiculously young teacher? The A* hasn't been around for very long.
Hmm. I definitely wouldn't pick teacher I'd I got those kind of grades lol. What are you doing now, a levels?

I couldn't comprehend that, sorry. Want to rephrase it? And, yes, I have finished year 12 moving on to A2 come september!
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Are they a ridiculously young teacher? The A* hasn't been around for very long.

Sorry, yeah. He got 100%/close to 100% in 9 A Levels. Not A*s, but I think the point stands haha.
Original post by ExMus

What's that I smell?
Reply 11
Original post by ExMus
I couldn't comprehend that, sorry. Want to rephrase it? And, yes, I have finished year 12 moving on to A2 come september!

Lol. I was just saying if I had those kind of grades I wouldn't choose to be a maths teacher. Me too :wink: what subjects did you pick?
Lol. I was just saying if I had those kind of grades I wouldn't choose to be a maths teacher. Me too :wink: what subjects did you pick?

Same haha. But to each their own I guess. And nice, I picked:

Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

What do you want to do at uni? :tongue:
Original post by Jooooshy
What's that I smell?

Genius?
Original post by dragonkeeper999
I can remember reading in the paper that someone in my year (last year's A2s) got 7 A*s. As PythianLegume says, there are probably people with more - particularly if they took more than 2 years to do them...

I think there was also some crazy person with more than 20 A levels - but I don't think they were all A*s or taken in just two years...

Was that person in your school? One of my close friends got 7 A* last year.
Original post by ExMus
Genius?

Sadly not. Did he show you his certificates?
Reply 16
Original post by ExMus

Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

Geography and then geography teacher so should probably stop insulting the teachers.:tongue: You?
Original post by Jooooshy
Sadly not. Did he show you his certificates?

No, he didn't. But he is a really smart, well-informed, intelligent guy imo if that counts toward anything.

Geography and then geography teacher so should probably stop insulting the teachers.:tongue: You?

I hope to read physics :biggrin: hopefully become a physicist! :cool: What subjects are you doing for A Levels? :wink:
Reply 18
Original post by ExMus
No, he didn't. But he is a really smart, well-informed, intelligent guy imo if that counts toward anything.

I hope to read physics :biggrin: hopefully become a physicist! :cool: What subjects are you doing for A Levels? :wink:

Biology, chemistry, geography, maths, further maths, government and politics and critical thinking. Whereabouts are you thinking of applying.
Original post by ExMus

Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

Cool I picked 3/4, you going uni this year?

Quick Reply

Latest