The Student Room Group

TV shows you hate

Scroll to see replies

TOWIE because its awful.

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo...Nuff' said.
Original post by Huskaris
Big Bang Theory. It's just so not funny, the contrived way the US does comedy is absolutely awful.

How I met your mother, likewise, the kind of people I see hyping the whole "Suit up" thing, just makes me realise how much I never, ever want to watch that show.

QI, can't stand Stephen Fry, he's over idolized by far too many.

Anything with Miranda Hart in it, or to be honest, the vast majority of female "comediennes" who get put forward because they are women, rather than because they are funny.

*Off topic. Is that Joy Division Unknown Pleasures in your profile pic? :biggrin:
The Bold and the Beautiful. My grandma used to make me watch it with her all the time, made me fear getting old and mindless. Show is such utter trash it's scary to think it came from the minds of adults.
Original post by Ajibola
What! What don't you like about it?

I just find Steve Carell so annoying :redface: and it just really doesn't compare to the original IMO.
Original post by bumblebee342
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother

They're all I hear about and I just don't see the appeal

The Big Bang Theory is alright to watch from time to time, but it gets boring because E4 always show the same episodes again and again.

I hate How I Met You Mother though. Not funny whatsoever!
Original post by Precious Illusions
the US Office .

Not sure what isn't to like. Were the two episodes you watched season 9?
Doctor who and Wife Swap (Although the King Curtis episode was one of the funniest things i've ever seen)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChrisLay1
*Off topic. Is that Joy Division Unknown Pleasures in your profile pic? :biggrin:

Yes it is mate! 2 people have noticed today... And of my entire time on tsr 3 people have noticed...
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
Not sure what isn't to like. Were the two episodes you watched season 9?

No, early seasons. I've seen lots of clips too. Just didn't find it funny, didn't like the characters, can't stand Steve Carell :dontknow: I know I'm a minority in that one but I just didn't like it.
Original post by Huskaris
Yes it is mate! 2 people have noticed today... And of my entire time on tsr 3 people have noticed...

Haha have you seen the film Control? Documentary film about Ian Curtis. I watched it last night.
(edited 9 years ago)
Aside from Dawn French, every single show with a lead starring female comedian is just boring to me, the best female comedian currently isnt even a female! (Can you guess d'movie?)
Original post by ChrisLay1
Haha have you seen the film Control? Documentary film about Ian Curtis. I watched it last night.

Yeah. I saw it in a cinema when it came out. Loved it!
Any American Sitcom on Comedy Central, Friends aside.

The Big Bang Theory.

The Walking Dead.
Big Bang Theory
Family Guy

Everyone seems to find them hilarious except me
The Walking Dead. SO BORING!!
Game of Thrones.When a famous author or director etc. describes a show as "unique" or writes "you haven't seen something like that before" i simply dont watch it.
Original post by yellowcopter
The Big Bang Theory is alright to watch from time to time, but it gets boring because E4 always show the same episodes again and again.

I hate How I Met You Mother though. Not funny whatsoever!

Hmm, I'd rather watch TBBT than HIMYM, but I personally don't find either of them funny!

I find the characters irritating and the storylines don't interest me. I think they're pretty overrated tbh.

(I never usually find people who agree with me, so it's good to see so many people agreeing that they're nothing special :tongue:)
Pretty much any comedy show with canned laughter in the background
Geordie Shore and Game of Thrones.
Most of the reality TV shows. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest