The Student Room Group

TV shows you hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jatom
You could not be more wrong! You could try, but you would not be successful!

How can I be wrong about my opinion? :lol:
It's TV shows I hate, not 'TV shows that are crap.'

Hate is probably a bit strong but I really dislike how overrated it is, it's not in the all time top 5 sitcoms/comedies. The overall story is poor, Ross and Rachel are together, they split up, they get together, they split up, they get married, they split up, and shock horror: the show ends with them back together :eek:

Watch this, it's painful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BFSZ8XzWOM
Reply 101
Original post by h3isenberg
How can I be wrong about my opinion? :lol:
It's TV shows I hate, not 'TV shows that are crap.'

Hate is probably a bit strong but I really dislike how overrated it is, it's not in the all time top 5 sitcoms/comedies. The overall story is poor, Ross and Rachel are together, they split up, they get together, they split up, they get married, they split up, and shock horror: the show ends with them back together :eek:

Watch this, it's painful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BFSZ8XzWOM

My reply to you was a quote from friends haha :tongue: As i type this, friends is on my TV :colondollar:
I have to join the Big Bang Theory bandwagon here! Always felt like it is laughing at nerds rather than with them.
Original post by chrisdefish
I have to join the Big Bang Theory bandwagon here! Always felt like it is laughing at nerds rather than with them.

I thought that it was the goal of the sitcom to laugh at the nerds? That is the reason why the series is so funny.
Original post by Kallisto
I thought that it was the goal of the sitcom to laugh at the nerds? That is the reason why the series is so funny.

I guess so, never thought of that. I consider myself a nerd, so that's probably why I don't like it so much! (Also it's not that funny, it reuses jokes that weren't that funny to begin with.)
Original post by chrisdefish
I guess so, never thought of that. I consider myself a nerd, so that's probably why I don't like it so much! (Also it's not that funny, it reuses jokes that weren't that funny to begin with.)

And how much do you consider to be Ms. Cooper on a scale of 1 to 10? :smile: In my opinion this stereotyped nerd life fits perfectly to a sitcom.
Original post by Kallisto
And how much do you consider to be Ms. Cooper on a scale of 1 to 10? :smile: In my opinion this stereotyped nerd life fits perfectly to a sitcom.

ha, well very few people are that extreme, 5/6? Not that impressive. Perhaps it does, it just doesn't make me laugh :/
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Friends?! :eyeball: :eek4:

I totally agree.
People seem to rave about friends, but ive never managed to work out whats so amazing about it.
Original post by Emma:-)
I totally agree.
People seem to rave about friends, but ive never managed to work out whats so amazing about it.

You poor soul. :console:

Spoiler

Original post by Mojojojo
Breaking bad. I can't understand why it's so popular. I tried to like it, but I just can't. I mean I watched 4 episodes and it was such an effort to get through them. 1 hour felt like a week of my life. It's just so slow.

Jeremy Kyle. I cannot stand the self righteous, hypocritical little piece of excrement. 'Put something on the end of it' - Arghhhh! How people can watch that without wanting to stab themselves I do not know.

Toddlers and Tiaras. I hate pageants and the way they sexualise children, the programme basically glorifies and advocates it. It makes me feel sick to see little children dancing provocatively, guided by their mum or a coach to do so. Seriously, I've seen it where they rip their clothes off to reveal bikinis/even less clothing. It's just sick.

I like jeremy kyle.
Some of the people that go on there need a good telling. They need a good dose of the truth. And "put something on the end of it" needs to be said to some of the people on there.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
You poor soul. :console:

Spoiler

What do you mean?
I absolutely detest Doctor Who, pretty much any of the Soaps, Casualty/Holby City.
Original post by Emma:-)
What do you mean?

They were pitying you for being unable to appreciate the greatness of Friends.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
They were pitying you for being unable to appreciate the greatness of Friends.

But friends is totally ****.
I fail to see how anyone can like that rubbish.
I've got the day off work today.

Christ, daytime TV in this country is rubbish.
BBC news, it's so boring.
Emmerdale. Hate that! So boring, yawn. I rather watch the paint dry.
Original post by Numberwang
Game of Thrones :angry:

I can never understand what all the love for this show is about. I watched about 15 mins of it at a friend's and it was beyond dull. The books are even worse. :lol:
I'd probably enjoy Game of Thrones if I started watching it, but it's a big time commitment, isn't it?

I try to only watch one series at a time. I'd rather watch two or three shorter series like House of Cards then invest myself in Game of Thrones. It seems fairly long-winded.
Reply 119
Original post by Mackay
I'd probably enjoy Game of Thrones if I started watching it, but it's a big time commitment, isn't it?

I try to only watch one series at a time. I'd rather watch two or three shorter series like House of Cards then invest myself in Game of Thrones. It seems fairly long-winded.

It's only 10 episodes per season.

Although you do have to really concentrate and understand what's going on with every character.

Quick Reply

Latest