The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

NTU Clearing & Adjustment

Post here if you have any questions about clearing and adjustment!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if you get a place through clearing as a first year are you not guaranteed halls of residence accommodation? thanks
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by VSVP
if you get a place through clearing as a first year are you not guaranteed halls of residence accommodation? thanks

HI VSVP,

Students who get a place through clearing are guaranteed university allocated accommodation. This means that it won't necessarily be university halls of residence, however it will be one of three things: university-owned or managed residences; halls of residences run by our partner providers or private companies; or accredited shared housing.

We will have student reps available who will meet you to make sure your Welcome Week will be the best possible!

Cheers,

Rob
Reply 3
ok thanks rob
Original post by VSVP
ok thanks rob

Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Hi Rob

I've applied via clearing for an arts place as a mature student. I've sent in my portfolio but not heard anything back yet- Do you know what the timeframe for hearing is at all?
Reply 6
Hi there,

3 days until results and frankly I am worried sick. I felt that exams went well but as time as passed I seem to be thinking more and more that I am not going to make it. My mind is absolutely set on trent. I have an offer for BCC. Best case scenario I make that but if I don't then I think I am going to ask my insurance to put me into clearing. Is there any info you can give me on the likelihood of getting in through clearing based on previous years experience or if there is any lenience to the offer? I have heard very mixed stories on things such as just missing out on the grades etc. also is there anything I can do to prepare?

Thanks,
Hi Rob,

I applied for Nottingham Trent and its the only university i really wanted to go to, however they didnt offer me a place.
The course I applied for (business management and marketing) wants bbc. say i get bcc and I apply through clearing, is there a possibility of me being let in? Also, do you think that it is worth mentioning to them on the day of work i've been doing over the summer to do with the world of business - to emphasise i genuinely have a passion for it?
cheers
Original post by Mimsycrafts
Hi Rob

I've applied via clearing for an arts place as a mature student. I've sent in my portfolio but not heard anything back yet- Do you know what the timeframe for hearing is at all?

Hi Mimsycrafts,

I would have thought that you should hear back within 2-4 weeks, but I suggest calling our Art and Design team to double check: +44 (0)115 941 8418 or email them.

Original post by SkyPlus
Hi there,

3 days until results and frankly I am worried sick. I felt that exams went well but as time as passed I seem to be thinking more and more that I am not going to make it. My mind is absolutely set on trent. I have an offer for BCC. Best case scenario I make that but if I don't then I think I am going to ask my insurance to put me into clearing. Is there any info you can give me on the likelihood of getting in through clearing based on previous years experience or if there is any lenience to the offer? I have heard very mixed stories on things such as just missing out on the grades etc. also is there anything I can do to prepare?

Thanks,

Hi SkyPlus,

I hope you've sorted things out with our admissions team. If you haven't yet, bear in mind that you need to think through your options carefully, there is no guarantee of a place through Clearing. The University may have excess places available and therefore be able to confirm applicant's places at lower points / grades than originally offered. Please check your UCAS Track on Thursday morning to see if we have offered you a place.

Original post by taylorg2260
Hi Rob,

I applied for Nottingham Trent and its the only university i really wanted to go to, however they didnt offer me a place.
The course I applied for (business management and marketing) wants bbc. say i get bcc and I apply through clearing, is there a possibility of me being let in? Also, do you think that it is worth mentioning to them on the day of work i've been doing over the summer to do with the world of business - to emphasise i genuinely have a passion for it?
cheers

Hi taylorg2260,

If you ring us on Thursday on 0115 848 6000 we can talk to you about your options and we can also confirm what our entry requirements will be for clearing applicants as these may differ from the standard requirements. You should tell the call operator about your work experience and they can note it on your application.

Thanks,

Rob
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey rob, thanks for getting back to me.
sorry, i just have 1 or 2 more q's. Firstly, what time is clearing open for me to call them, and is it likely that grades required for clearing will be higher or lower than the usual amount?
Secondly, thank you, I will do that. What number is the call operator on and should I do that ASAP or on the day?

Thank you for your help.

George
Original post by taylorg2260
Hey rob, thanks for getting back to me.
sorry, i just have 1 or 2 more q's. Firstly, what time is clearing open for me to call them, and is it likely that grades required for clearing will be higher or lower than the usual amount?
Secondly, thank you, I will do that. What number is the call operator on and should I do that ASAP or on the day?

Thank you for your help.

George

Hello,

Clearing Hotline opens on Thursday at 7 am. More details are on our clearing site. Grades required will either remain the same or be lower than the usual amount. You can call the hotline now to discuss any questions you have, but clearing places won't be available until Thursday. Number is +44 (0)115 848 6000.

Cheers,

Rob
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hello,

Clearing Hotline opens on Thursday at 7 am. More details are on our clearing site. Grades required will either remain the same or be lower than the usual amount. You can call the hotline now to discuss any questions you have, but clearing places won't be available until Thursday. Number is +44 (0)115 848 6000.

Cheers,

Rob

OK, thanks a lot for your help.
Follow NTU Clearing on Twitter to get advice and keep up-to-date with all of our clearing vacancies :smile:
I'm in (in shock and fell off sofa as didn't know what to put in portfolio) :-) Today is a happy day
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mimsycrafts
I'm in (in shock and fell off sofa as didn't know what to put in portfolio) :-) Today is a happy day

Hi Mimsy,

Congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you in September :smile:

Thanks,

Rob
We still have some #Clearing2014 courses available – see the full list over on our Clearing site or call our clearing hotline on 0115 848600. We are open until 8.00pm tonight.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Post here if you have any questions about clearing and adjustment!

Hi Rob,

My situation is a bit complex. I originally applied to study a BSc at Nottingham Trent however on results day, I found that my results did not meet the requirements and therefore, NTU had withdrawn my firm offer. I was then left with an altered course offered by my insurance choice.

The offer I currently hold is an FdSc and after some research, I found that NTU are offering the same course through clearing. The facilities and infrastructure at NTU makes it the better package overall and I still really want to join (after being rejected first time round).

Would I be able to apply for this course through clearing at NTU and decline the offer I already have. The reason why I have not yet declined is because I'm worried that I could be left with neither option.
Original post by HWazed96
Hi Rob,

My situation is a bit complex. I originally applied to study a BSc at Nottingham Trent however on results day, I found that my results did not meet the requirements and therefore, NTU had withdrawn my firm offer. I was then left with an altered course offered by my insurance choice.

The offer I currently hold is an FdSc and after some research, I found that NTU are offering the same course through clearing. The facilities and infrastructure at NTU makes it the better package overall and I still really want to join (after being rejected first time round).

Would I be able to apply for this course through clearing at NTU and decline the offer I already have. The reason why I have not yet declined is because I'm worried that I could be left with neither option.

Hi HWazed96,

If we still offer the course through clearing you can apply to it, but you will first need to ask your insurance choice to release you into clearing. I suggest calling our clearing line to discuss your options. Our clearing number is +44 (0)115 848 6000.

Thanks,

Rob
Reply 18
Hi HWazed96,

If we still offer the course through clearing you can apply to it, but you will first need to ask your insurance choice to release you into clearing. I suggest calling our clearing line to discuss your options. Our clearing number is +44 (0)115 848 6000.

Thanks,

Rob

Because my insurance choice was altered slightly, I have the choice to accept or decline the new offer. Would I be released into clearing if I just decline the offer?
Original post by HWazed96
Because my insurance choice was altered slightly, I have the choice to accept or decline the new offer. Would I be released into clearing if I just decline the offer?

Hello,

I'm not 100% sure so I suggest calling us now to check that we still have vacancies on the course and find out more about the process. The clearing number is +44 (0)115 848 6000.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks,

Rob

Quick Reply

Latest