The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ulala
That's a result of premarriage sex... sorry

What the hell has that got to do with it? You're disgusting.
I think you need to find it within yourself to try and be brave enough to face it head on. Even if you don't find this strength at first (and by no means is it expected of you in your position) I'm sure you will eventually if you have the support of your closest friends and family. Life isn't going to be entirely normal from now on, but by no means does it have to stray far from the norm. I'm sure we have met HIV positive people going about our daily lives, but we've never even noticed - why's that? Because it doesn't have to be a death sentence. I wish only the best for you - if you can get through the next few months, then you can get through anything.
Reply 42
john171
What the hell has that got to do with it? You're disgusting.

I think this person means about using no condom, but it is certainly inappropriate comment to make at a time like this.
Im so sorry *sends hugs through the wires*
Angel83
I think this person means about using no condom, but it is certainly inappropriate comment to make at a time like this.

premarrital sex isnt an interrchangable term with unprotected
Reply 45
squigaletta
premarrital sex isnt an interrchangable term with unprotected

Oh, I guess I misinterpreted it! It came across to me as they were implying that.
Reply 46
Being HIV positive doesn't necesarilly develop into AIDS. Some people can be HIV positive, but the virus never devellops and the person can live a normal life apart from the fact that you are now a carrier. So, all I can say to you know is keep strong, be positive, never forget that you are not alone, don't suffer in silence, never be afraid and most inportant of all, stay protected. Its your duty to ALWAYS wear a condom now and not pass the virus on to anyone else.:tsr2:
I'm really sorry to hear that, especially to hear that it was somebody you trusted who passed it on to you. Like others have said treatments are of a very very high standard now and with so much research, a cure could be not so far away. I'd also like to thank you for sharing your story with us as i'm sure it will open other peoples eyes and make them go for testing/get their partners tested. I really hope you are doing ok, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you to deal with this news.
Reply 48
yellow.mellow
Its your duty to ALWAYS wear a condom now and not pass the virus on to anyone else.:tsr2:

She's a girl! :wink:
Reply 49
Anonymous
I recently found that my ex-boyfriend has been diagnosed as HIV positive.
To my horror, my HIV test has just come back positive.:frown:

I have just come back from the doctor after having been counselled and told about the test results.

No sure what to do. I am not currently in the stage where I need anti-retroviral medications.

Well the good news is that it can take decades before AIDS develops, and treatments improve as we speak.
Reply 50
Closing to prevent misinformation and insensitive comments

Latest

Trending

Trending