The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Internation Relations vs. Geography @LSE

Hi, I'm an applicant for 2015 entry, and I haven't decided whether to apply to the IR or Geog course. I am pretty much equally interested in both subjects, however I would guess that IR is a bit more employable, and I know LSE is crazy prestigious for it, so right now I'm leaning toward IR. How much easier is it to get into Geog, and how do employers view the degrees? How good is LSE for Geography?(I know it's great for everything it does, however, I know IR is pretty much unrivaled, is that true for Geography?)

I suppose it would be almost impossible to write a good PS for both Geography and International Relations, right? :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by poboxobkh56
Hi, I'm an international applicant for 2015 entry, and I haven't decided whether to apply to the IR or Geog course. I am pretty much equally interested in both subjects, however I would guess that IR is a bit more employable, and I know LSE is crazy prestigious for it, so right now I'm leaning toward IR. How much easier is it to get into Geog, and how do employers view the degrees? How good is LSE for Geography?(I know it's great for everything it does, however, I know IR is pretty much unrivaled, is that true for Geography?)

Actually, the main reason I'm still considering Geography is that I think I would actually stand some chance at it for Oxford, because of the TSAs and interviews, compared to some other course with Politics in it, which I am not as knowledgable in. What's the gap between Oxbridge and LSE like in Geography? Compared to, say, Economics, where the gap is virtually nonexistent?

I suppose it would be almost impossible to write a good PS for both Geography and International Relations, right? :frown:

Heya, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see and reply.

You should also check out the new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by poboxobkh56
Hi, I'm an international applicant for 2015 entry, and I haven't decided whether to apply to the IR or Geog course. I am pretty much equally interested in both subjects, however I would guess that IR is a bit more employable, and I know LSE is crazy prestigious for it, so right now I'm leaning toward IR. How much easier is it to get into Geog, and how do employers view the degrees? How good is LSE for Geography?(I know it's great for everything it does, however, I know IR is pretty much unrivaled, is that true for Geography?)

Actually, the main reason I'm still considering Geography is that I think I would actually stand some chance at it for Oxford, because of the TSAs and interviews, compared to some other course with Politics in it, which I am not as knowledgable in. What's the gap between Oxbridge and LSE like in Geography? Compared to, say, Economics, where the gap is virtually nonexistent?

I'm am in a similar position to you, where are you from, where did your do your BA/BSc keep me in touch if you get any info for this thread I was also considering IR.
James
Reply 3
Hi, I'm also in a similar position. I'll be applying for 2016 entry. I'm equally interested in both subjects but not sure which will be a better option for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending