The Student Room Group

I Need all of your IDEAS on my crap life

Listen listen LISTEN. i want everybody to answer this otherwise i'm just going to ****ing delete this useless account.

I am going to college this September at the embarrassing age of 19. I'm a little **** as i have social anxiety and because of this, it's the reason why i keeping kicked out.

I want ideas thrown at me on how to finish this college course. it can be anything. I'm prepared to take alcohol, weed, cocaine, exorcism ANYTHING TO MAKE ME STAY IN COLLEGE so that i can **** off out of my family for LIFE EDIT: This was one of my plans but these are clearly stupid

EDIT: Reviving Thread, It's going **** now because of what a faggot my depression is. I keep Bunking lessons and i need to accept that i don't belong in the course and to accept being a loner again. So the only way to win this is to hide but still be in the lesson. I don't blame myself, i blame myself for being born into this world otherwise i would be in uni by now
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Start Lifting.
Reply 2
Don't be an ***hole and chill @?!# down!
Original post by How Are You?
Start Lifting.

Because that will fix everything
Original post by MrMuhammed

Of coarse it won't fix anything. It'll only build his confidence.
Original post by MrMuhammed

Obviously it will.
Deal with your anxiety...loads of things out there to help. Go see your GP
As someone who has also suffered with social anxiety, I can tell you that drugs and booze as a social crutch is not the answer.

The only way around it is really just to go in with a brave face, grit your teeth, and try your very hardest to relax. Think up some good conversation starters if that's what you struggle with, find some like-minded people you can get comfortable with, and remember, everyone is in the same boat (not really knowing anyone). Trust me, they won't care that you're older, if anything it might make you a little more respected because of it :smile: something that's worked for me is I think that everyone else around me has social anxiety too, and they have the same awkward, self-destructive interior narratives as me, and somehow this compels me to be a bit less nervous because talking to them is less nerve-wracking if I think they are the same as me. Don't get into any situations you don't feel comfortable in, there is always a get-out. E.g. if you're talking to one or two people and suddenly 10 people walk in, just say you're gonna go to the bathroom and take a bit of a time out to chill and prepare yourself. This way, you don't appear odd because you're just going to the bathroom, and you're removing yourself from a situation you may otherwise not be able to cope with. I know I'm not giving any quick-fixes but I hope this helps at least a little bit- good luck!
Are you sure you don't have ADHD? Not being rude , just a thought. People with that usually get kicked out of school/college. If not, there is no miracle substance that's gonna help you , you may need therapy to hep your anxiety but I wouldn't suggest doing alcohol or illegal drugs to stop it - they will make it worse.
Reply 9
Original post by AlphaNick
no dont take cocaine :frown:

YES i will ****ing do it if i my ****ing little brain can't seem to cope with people in a classroom
Reply 10
Original post by JackBlack
Are you sure you don't have ADHD? Not being rude , just a thought. People with that usually get kicked out of school/college. If not, there is no miracle substance that's gonna help you , you may need therapy to hep your anxiety but I wouldn't suggest doing alcohol or illegal drugs to stop it - they will make it worse.

How can i have ADHD when im scared to talk? my mother has described my quietness as extreme to others. I'm suffering from Social anxiety and depression and i have had many therapies such as CBT and CAMHs and none have worked. anti depressants also doesn't work too
Reply 11
Original post by marm-alade
I know I'm not giving any quick-fixes but I hope this helps at least a little bit- good luck!

Thank you very much. how did you cope with your social anxiety in college?
Reply 12
I keep getting kicked out because my social anxiety forces me to bunk college hence causing attendance issues which leads to getting kicked out of college
Reply 13
Original post by kkboyk
Don't be an ***hole and chill @?!# down!

No, i can't chill:frown::frown::frown: My family looks at me like a ****ing useless wasteman. if this was in for example in Africa, i would have been an outcast for not being successful in life
Reply 14
Original post by O.Ozz
No, i can't chill:frown::frown::frown: My family looks at me like a ****ing useless wasteman. if this was in for example in Africa, i would have been an outcast for not being successful in life

I'm African and my parents and family look down on me, just because I don't do BTEC. (I do A-levels, and my parents don't believe me when I say it's hard) or pursuing something like football (which many black boys go after).

Chill first, acting hot headed will only make you think irrationally. If I was in your position, I'd go back to education either retaking a-levels or doing a BTEC and apply to uni for a foundation year.
Reply 15
Original post by O.Ozz
Listen listen LISTEN. i want everybody to answer this otherwise i'm just going to ****ing delete this useless account.

I am going to college this September at the embarrassing age of 19. I'm a little **** as i have social anxiety and because of this, it's the reason why i keeping kicked out.

I want ideas thrown at me on how to finish this college course. it can be anything. I'm prepared to take alcohol, weed, cocaine, exorcism ANYTHING TO MAKE ME STAY IN COLLEGE so that i can **** off out of my family for LIFE

What are you studying ?

and why is it embarrassing to be at college at 19 ?

You could always do an Access to HE course for those unable to do A Levels like me who was 24 at the time, I went back to college did my 1 year part time course and will be starting Uni in sept hopefully starting a new career before I'm 30.

It was actually suitable for me as it was A) part time B) I was surrounded by other people with similar opinions/interests and in more importantly similar situations e.g For going to uni, or to get a qualification.
Original post by O.Ozz
How can i have ADHD when im scared to talk? my mother has described my quietness as extreme to others. I'm suffering from Social anxiety and depression and i have had many therapies such as CBT and CAMHs and none have worked. anti depressants also doesn't work too

Well I'm sorry to hear that nothing has worked :smile: I suggest you set yourself little goals every day. Start off small, for example you could start by saying hi to one person that day. Take your time and once you achieve it and see it really isn't as bad as you though , slowly build on it. So the next time you could try and put your hand up in class ect.
Also , I'm not very sure why you have been kicked out?
Original post by O.Ozz
Thank you very much. how did you cope with your social anxiety in college?

I focused on my work a lot- I spent a lot of time in rooms designated for silent work so I didn't feel obliged to talk to anyone. I also learned pretty fast to steer clear of certain people, because there will always be some people who (unintentionally or otherwise) who will make you feel like you're not worthy of their time. I'm sure you can relate to this, you know, speaking to someone and literally feeling like you are a chore to speak to. I identified them, and I didn't sit with them or talk to them (as it triggers social anxiety bad). Equally, there will always be warm, friendly people that give you reassurance that they want to spend time with you. These people usually come in small groups, which is good, and you don't need to be their close friend to be someone they consider valuable. This was always something I struggle with, so identifying people like this to eat lunch with was a great way around feeling lost/anxious/panicy.
Reply 18
Original post by JackBlack
Well I'm sorry to hear that nothing has worked :smile: I suggest you set yourself little goals every day. Start off small, for example you could start by saying hi to one person that day. Take your time and once you achieve it and see it really isn't as bad as you though , slowly build on it. So the next time you could try and put your hand up in class ect.
Also , I'm not very sure why you have been kicked out?

I keep bunking lessons due to my anxiety which results in poor attendance
Reply 19
Original post by kkboyk
I'm African and my parents and family look down on me, just because I don't do BTEC. (I do A-levels, and my parents don't believe me when I say it's hard) or pursuing something like football (which many black boys go after).

Chill first, acting hot headed will only make you think irrationally. If I was in your position, I'd go back to education either retaking a-levels or doing a BTEC and apply to uni for a foundation year.

Why would your parents look down on you that you don't do BTEC? are they confused with which one is better??

I'm going back to do a second attempt on an access course so that i can go to university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending