The Student Room Group

Gym! Summer time boredom

Ah so joined the gym last week for a month membership deal and so far has been pretty awesome. Lost 5 lbs already and today I went on the cross trainer for an hour and a half. Didn't swim today as well though because I lost my swim shorts :frown:

How is everyone else keeping busy for summer? The gym seems to be the only thing on my regular schedule :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Getting the plastic!
Original post by ronmack
Getting the plastic!

What does that mean? :confused:
Original post by SophieSmall
Ah so joined the gym last week for a month membership deal and so far has been pretty awesome. Lost 5 lbs already and today I went on the cross trainer for an hour and a half. Didn't swim today as well though because I lost my swim shorts :frown:

How is everyone else keeping busy for summer? The gym seems to be the only thing on my regular schedule :lol:

Sounds great!

I also go to the gym, and more so now it's summer. Also seeing family and friends... going for meals etc. Summer is fub :smile:
Original post by bubble999
Sounds great!

I also go to the gym, and more so now it's summer. Also seeing family and friends... going for meals etc. Summer is fub :smile:

I'm hating summer :tongue: it's far too warm for me and the sunshine gives me major headaches and heat stroke :frown:

Can't wait to get back to uni as well soooo boring at home

What do you tend to do at the gym?
I'm hating summer :tongue: it's far too warm for me and the sunshine gives me major headaches and heat stroke :frown:

Can't wait to get back to uni as well soooo boring at home

What do you tend to do at the gym?

Aww, I get what you mean. I'm not a huge fan of English sun as it's humid - I like a foreign dry heat :tongue:

Cardio and weights. So running, cycling, crosstrainer etc. And do an hour work out of weights. Then some ab work too :h: You?
Original post by bubble999
Aww, I get what you mean. I'm not a huge fan of English sun as it's humid - I like a foreign dry heat :tongue:

Cardio and weights. So running, cycling, crosstrainer etc. And do an hour work out of weights. Then some ab work too :h: You?

I don't even like dry heat, I just can't deal with high temperatures. My body just quits.

At the moment I'm just doing the cross trainer and swimming, I will probably start using the bike and try some weight machines as well though. I go with a couple of friends and they primarily use the weight machines.
Reply 7
This is kinda off topic but I'm crying at "summer time boredom", I wish i had summer time boredom. My summer ended last week. Working life has begun :frown:. And now to keep it on topic, I think I'm gunna join a gym once I settle in to this boring new town.
Original post by ughno
This is kinda off topic but I'm crying at "summer time boredom", I wish i had summer time boredom. My summer ended last week. Working life has begun :frown:. And now to keep it on topic, I think I'm gunna join a gym once I settle in to this boring new town.

Naw I'm sorry :frown:
Reply 9
Naw I'm sorry :frown:

:frown:
It's ok though I'll be getting my first paycheck ever on 22nd August :biggrin:
A paycheck which will pay for the gym (keeping it on topic:colondollar:)
Original post by ughno
:frown:
It's ok though I'll be getting my first paycheck ever on 22nd August :biggrin:
A paycheck which will pay for the gym (keeping it on topic:colondollar:)

Woo! And don't worry I don't much mind it going off topic. I tend to accidentally de-rail threads anyway.
Reply 11
Too worried about results day to focus on anything else. hoping to start gym soon. Just need to find out which one is the best one. considering I have like a good 4 which are walking distance and 1 that is a 5 minute drive
Reply 12
gym is the only thing for me right now too, and drinking with old mates but i desperately want to go back to uni, summer is so boring now -.- just want to move into my house for 2nd year and get back to living away from the family
Original post by Pokémontrainer
I am going to start going to the gym regularly soon, just looking around at a few options for the one I like best. I wish I had started going earlier though, looks like I was missing out on a lot of interesting classes!
It does sound like it will be the only thing on my regular summer schedule too! :biggrin:

Ahh I'm not a fan of classes myself, I prefer to do my own thing.
Original post by Qari
Too worried about results day to focus on anything else. hoping to start gym soon. Just need to find out which one is the best one. considering I have like a good 4 which are walking distance and 1 that is a 5 minute drive

I joined the gym that is like a 50 minute walk away because it was the only one with a deal on that allowed a one off month membership, the others had minimum months membership which would have been pointless and a waste of money for me.
Reply 15
I joined the gym that is like a 50 minute walk away because it was the only one with a deal on that allowed a one off month membership, the others had minimum months membership which would have been pointless and a waste of money for me.

so look at the one that has the best deal?
Original post by Kosa
gym is the only thing for me right now too, and drinking with old mates but i desperately want to go back to uni, summer is so boring now -.- just want to move into my house for 2nd year and get back to living away from the family

Pretty much exactly how I feel, I'm either at the gym, watching re-runs on my laptop or at the pub :tongue: also desperate for moving into my 2nd year house, move in on the 1st of september :biggrin:
Original post by Qari
so look at the one that has the best deal?

Aye I'd say so, also if they have facilities you'll want to use, such as a swimming pool or a boxing area.
Reply 18
Pretty much exactly how I feel, I'm either at the gym, watching re-runs on my laptop or at the pub :tongue: also desperate for moving into my 2nd year house, move in on the 1st of september :biggrin:

i'm moving in on the 1st too haha ****ing coincidence xD omg re-runs haha i'm watching how i met your mother and friends because i've never seen them before O.o

Yes! I understand some gyms make it near impossible to cancel contracts and it can become a nightmare. :confused: So I have been looking at local family gyms - less likely to rip you off than some chains! At least the 50 minute walk can be part of a warm up? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest