The Student Room Group

A levell physics for AQA please help me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Incubator
Yeah no problem. Hacking Physics takes longer than you think, if you weren't good at GCSE (which was my case).

Maths should only take you 2/3 months to learn it inside out. (Including M1)

I do a bit of a weird combo, Maths, Physics and Business studies :P

Oh cool..is business all coursework?
Original post by Raza10101
What is it in physics which makes it so difficult (i.e content,maths) and is it harder than chemistry?

and does it make life better if i picked AS level maths with my physics?

really need help in picking my A levels

yes it will help if you take as maths, i'd say chem is harder

what you thinking of doing?
Oh cool..is business all coursework?

Theirs no coursework whatsoever. I just needed an extra easy A level, because I'm pretty lazy lmao. It should be enough to get me into Mechanical/Civil Engineering though.

Because I'm doing two of the compulsory subjects in order to get into an engineering degree (maths and physics) :smile:
What is it in physics which makes it so difficult (i.e content,maths) and is it harder than chemistry?

As a student who just finished doing physics plus maths and further maths for A levels i would really advise you to do maths alongside your physics. Not only will it help you to master arithmetic problems in physics but it will make your physics seem easiser.

The difficulty of AQA Physics A is the memorization but i also did Edexcel AS chemistry and it was much harder than AQA AS physics.

there was a guy in my physics class who didn't do A level maths and he always lagged and found the lessons to be demanding as he always found the maths bit to be completely new to him

hope this helps
Reply 24
i have a degree in physics so im very biased towards it. but it was extremely rewarding.
noone gave me advice when i was picking my A levels, so I chose physics without maths, and when i realised too late i was good at physics, i had to complete AS and A level Maths in a single year. So yes, maths is essential and it will make your physics course MUCH easier to understand.
My other A level was chemistry which I found mind numbingly boring. Looking back I wish I had chosen something like French or Geography, just to mix things up a bit.
If you have a career in mind already, your A levels should be easy to pick. Just make the right choice now and dont regret it later.
Hope this helps and good luck!
I took maths, further maths, chemistry and physics at AS and am moving onto A2 next year. I would 100% reccomend physics, it may be slightly harder then chemistry, but its so much more interesting to me personally, plus a lot less facts to remember. I think taking maths with physics is probably a good idea as quite a lot of it is about equations and stuff. AS maths isnt really too hard, C1 is pretty much GCSE but slightly harder problems and C2 you get a calculator! S1 is kinda boring but just putting numbers into equations so relatively easy, and gives a base for understanding interesting problems in S2

Hi, ive just completed my A2 of AQA physics. I also did Aqa biology and edexcel maths and chemistry. Personally I found chemistry the hardest of the 4. If you are good at maths then the maths in physics shouldnt be that difficult. Maths at A-level is only really usefull for a couple of topics in A2 and even that isnt too hard to teach yourself. The AS year you should be able to get by with GCSE provided you were good at it, but having maths will definitely make it easier, especially if you do an M1 module. I think its difficult mainly because you have to be good at a lot of things. the calculations can be tricky, although the maths itself isnt. The worded questions are also unlike anything you would have studied at GCSE so require you to properly understand all the topics.

Quick Reply

Latest