The Student Room Group

help!! should i reapply?!

guys help me! BASICALLY - have got in to bristol for law on deferred entry meaning i shall be going there in 2007. i had previously applied to oxford but was rejected (sans interview - long story, basically there was a problem with administration - they left my name off their list of applicants!) so i was all set and prepared to go to bristol next year when i suddenly have this worry that maybe i should reapply to oxford, but for an easier subject to get into such as theology or something and then try to change when i'm at the uni. i know bristol's an incredible uni, great student life, etc etc, but noone can deny that oxford has the best reputation among employers. should i reapply to oxford in september (and also apply to bristol again) just for the (very!) small chance that i may get in?
thanks tres much - am in a BIT of a state as you may have guessed with my mind in total circles!!
Dont rely on subject changes ... I recommend you go to Bristol, they wont appreciate you dropping out and reapplying. Even if you got to interview the number of applicants at oxford doesn't mean that you were even close to securing a place. Too big a risk, just take Bristol. IMO.
I wouldn't bother if I were you...Bristol Law is a great course at a great and very respectable uni...you'd be risking a lot.
Reply 3
Go to Bristol.
First of all you need to consider that interviewers are experts on their subject and can most likely spot a blagger a mile away. Secondly, even if you managed to get in the liklihood of being able to transfer is very small.

Like you said Bristol is an excellent uni for law but if you really want to go to oxford then I'd suggest you apply for law, that way if you are good enough to be there then you will get in. Or if its reputation you are most concerned with then you could apply to other unis which you think have a better reputation than Bristol.

At the end of the day you could take the risk and potentially come out with an Oxford offer but in the worst case senario you sould get no place at all. The question is whether you feel you are good enough and whether your academic record is sufficient enough to justify the risk.

If you're so keen on Oxford then you also need to consider how you'd feel if you didn't apply. Would you regret making the decision?

Latest

Trending

Trending