The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dstbgre
Ok i have found the art block and have added it to the map. I missed it the first time as i was looking for art and not fine art :smile:

I apologize to the entire art world for this oversight and hope that all will be forgiven :p:

yes reading only does fine art :frown: but it ok we 4give u!!! :biggrin:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
bizzbusta
Thats the far side of the Station (i think). Its well out of the way for uni students so you shouldnt come across it unless youre really looking for trouble. :biggrin:

Yeah? Cool. Seems it was people just over-exagerating then :p:
Reply 22
Pandy
Yeah? Cool. Seems it was people just over-exagerating then :p:

Yeah, ive personally never come across any trouble in Reading... yet
Reply 23
bizzbusta
Yeah, ive personally never come across any trouble in Reading... yet

Good to hear.
Reply 24
Just being picky now!
What about the University Health Centre, just across the road from St. Pats... Same green roof can't miss it!
:p:

It is shown in this attachment taken from the St Patricks Hall website, http://www.stpatrickshall.co.uk/...

bearings-779871.jpg
Reply 25
The Oxford Road isn't as bad as people go on about.
You just don't want to hang around there at night.

I used to live a bit further out of town off the Oxford Road.
The worst bit of it is around Reading West train station.

Whitley is a bit nasty too and that's a LOT closer to Uni.

Nicola
Reply 26
I do know that various shootings have occurred at Oxford Road and at Cemetary Junction. However, I've never had trouble there as I've never really bothered to venture there.

I've had trouble in Reading before. Was mugged by two guys claiming to have a gun once. In retrospect it was quite amusing: the muggers were like a sketch out of a cartoon - one was some scrawny wigger chav; the other was his black sidekick who must have been no taller than 5'0". LOL. Still, it's not worth risking getting shot or anything. Though, luckily for me, when I put my phone in one of the mugger's hands, I snatched it back straight away. Not so lucky for my friends, though; they didn't have the bottle to snatch their phones back.

I'd also recommend avoiding Forbury Gardens (if it's still open). The last time I went there, some acquaintances and I were attacked by this large Fred Durst lookalike who actually bit us. Foul person; I hope he got a kicking from some other unsuspecting stranger he did it to.

My next door neighbour was also attacked by some chavs in Reading once. They approached him at the station and started accusing him of stuff; then they decided to hit a girl. The perpetrators were black, and they only attacked the whites in the group (my next door neighbour was with his black friends). He was started on because he knew an enemy of said group, but the racial element was still quite apparent.

Crikey, I should get back to doing some work!
The OP is a Genius!
Reply 28
Atomik; unfortunately race is a big thing in the violent areas of the town.

Whitley is white chav area, the Oxford Road is black area.
TBH, I wouldn't want to walk through either at night, no matter what colour I am.

Whitley scares me a lot more than the Oxford Road though; I've walked from town far down it alone with no problems during the day.
I wouldn't try to walk through Whitley on my own full stop.

Cemmy junction isn't too bad; it's mostly students or poor people, so the teenagers have nothing to do other than frighten people.
It's not really race related though.
Reply 29
all the maps dont show sibly hall... could you possibly put up a map which shows sibly hall?? im gonna be stayin there and am now getting quite psyched as it doesn show up in any of the maps you have put up... hope it isint that far off!!!!:eek:
Reply 30
Here is the map which shows Sibly. It doesnt look too far out
Reply 31
Thnkxxxxx
Reply 32
saushukla
all the maps dont show sibly hall... could you possibly put up a map which shows sibly hall?? im gonna be stayin there and am now getting quite psyched as it doesn show up in any of the maps you have put up... hope it isint that far off!!!!:eek:

don't get too psyched out mister puchooooo.. I'll buy you a pocket map don't worry.. and a little compass.
Reply 33
http://www.extra.rdg.ac.uk/news/images/downloads/aerial.jpg

Here's an official University aerial photo, taken from the Early gate end of the main campus.

This will test you... Can you recognise all the buildings from this angle?!!! Hehe
:confused:

The red tent before anyone asks is the tent for the Summer Ball. This is the site of the new student services building. The Palmer building is up a little and to the left.

Enjoy...
Reply 34
dasnowball
This will test you... Can you recognise all the buildings from this angle?!!! Hehe
:confused:

Are you challenging me to label this map? :biggrin:

I can try if people want me to . . . .
Reply 35
Dstbgre
Are you challenging me to label this map? :biggrin:

I can try if people want me to . . . .

If you get some time, go for it :biggrin:
Reply 36
Hi all
Let it never be said that i dont rise to a challenge :biggrin:

I have had to take a screenshot of the image as it was too big to upload which is why you can see my desktop around the side of it
Reply 37
Wow excellent looks good to me!
Well done...

Latest